Methanol help

Old 03-22-2009, 12:38 PM
Birddog95
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default Methanol help

Just wondering if there is any difference in methanol. I have been approched by a chemical company that they will sponsor us with methanol. He said his is 99.98% pure and will only give me new drums. If I add M2 upper lube is it the sane as VP's M1 or M3? They had sponsored us with the junior years ago and always worked excellent but I'm not sure how sensitive the 598 with George Rupert carb will be. Thanks for any info.
Old 03-22-2009, 01:52 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Methanol help

Originally Posted by Birddog95
Just wondering if there is any difference in methanol. I have been approched by a chemical company that they will sponsor us with methanol. He said his is 99.98% pure and will only give me new drums. If I add M2 upper lube is it the sane as VP's M1 or M3? They had sponsored us with the junior years ago and always worked excellent but I'm not sure how sensitive the 598 with George Rupert carb will be. Thanks for any info.

It'll be good, I always ask how pure this years answers between about 20 places were from 98.3% to 99.9. If its 99.98 I'd call it the good stuff. If you ask where they get it from like interstate or mythanex. Stay away from Rocket brand alky though.

VP's M3 is different animal along with the M5 they sell, but you'll be getting the normal m1 which is what most bracket racers run.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:27 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Make sure the barrells you get are in pretty good shape. You don't want any trash getting in your fuel tank. The V P drums are coated. Other than that I agree with David.