Stupid Question

Old 03-19-2009, 11:57 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Default Stupid Question

Ok don't laugh too hard at me , but I have a question . I have never shot or owned a gun of any kind...so I am completely ignorant on the subject.

How do you get rid of a bullet? ops: And please don't say" shoot it."
What I mean is,I found a bullet in the yard and don't know what to do with it. Like I said I know nothing about guns... Can a bullet accidentally go off if it gets hit or something? can you just toss it in the trash or what?I would think that could be dangerous...but not sure.

PS I don't know what kind it is...it's not very big.(.22?)
Old 03-19-2009, 12:07 PM
TopspeedLowet
DYNO OPERATOR

Give it to a friend that has guns. He will take care of it for you. It can go off if the primer or flat end gets smashed especially if it is a 22 cal. Do not throw it away in the trash. You could always put it at the bottom of a fence post if passing it on to a friend is not an option. Or if you got the motsy take it to the cop shop. They will be happy to finger print you ...........
Just kidden about the finger print thing. Police may be a good option you may not have thought of yet.
Bruce
PS where did the spider with 7 legs go?
Old 03-19-2009, 12:13 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TopspeedLowet
Give it to a friend that has guns. He will take care of it for you. It can go off if the primer or flat end gets smashed especially if it is a 22 cal. Do not throw it away in the trash. You could always put it at the bottom of a fence post if passing it on to a friend is not an option. Or if you got the motsy take it to the cop shop. They will be happy to finger print you ...........
Just kidden about the finger print thing. Police may be a good option you may not have thought of yet.
Bruce
No I thought about the Cops but I decided not to get handcuffed searched /tazed today. :P jk

I thought about clamping the slug end of it in a vice and then taking a center punch and ball pein to the end of it to discharge it.

jk about the vice thing..lol :lol:
Old 03-19-2009, 12:15 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by TopspeedLowet
Bruce
PS where did the spider with 7 legs go?
I used it to pay my gas bill.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:15 PM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Default Bullet

Don't hit it with a hammer or anything else!!
You could injure or kill yourself. Give it to a cop and he'll get rid of it safely.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:16 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Bullet

Originally Posted by fla1976
Don't hit it with a hammer or anything else!!
You could injure or kill yourself. Give it to a cop and he'll get rid of it safely.

I was just kidding about hitting it with the hammer and punch.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:17 PM
TopspeedLowet
DYNO OPERATOR

I would think better about discharging it in the vice. It will send flying crap right at you. It will blow in every direction but forward. I used to try to shoot the cat when dad was at work a few years back when I was a dumb kid by hitting them with a ball pen hammer. Wow was I stupid, It is hard to aim without a bore.
Go for the deep hole.
Bruce
Old 03-19-2009, 12:36 PM
CamBirdRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Way back when in junior high school ( remember when it was called that instead of middle school?), there was this kid that wanted to solder a 22 to a penny. Beck then you didn't get expeled, just every saturday detention for the rest of the school year. What a dumb a$$. Oh yea, I was hiding in the tool crib.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:02 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by CamBirdRacing
Way back when in junior high school ( remember when it was called that instead of middle school?), there was this kid that wanted to solder a 22 to a penny. Beck then you didn't get expeled, just every saturday detention for the rest of the school year. What a dumb a$$. Oh yea, I was hiding in the tool crib.
We never did that(solder a bullet) but there were 1 or 2 ballon bombs...

( oxygen and acetylene mix in a balloon then hit it with a flame...) a balloon no bigger than your fist sounded like a hand grenade going off.. :lol:
Old 03-19-2009, 04:45 PM
FullTimeRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

I found some bullets in a car that I bought ,I just thew them in my junk draw with bolts. :?: :wink: :idea:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -