30' trailer in Jacksonville,fla.#1486470--BEWARE--

Old 03-17-2009, 06:52 AM
fastfrog
SHOW GUEST

Default 30' trailer in Jacksonville,fla.#1486470--BEWARE--

Man,s name is Rich-- He had a deal to sell a 30' enclosed trailer( which he has listed as a car trailer but is a vend trailer :shock: to open up sides to sell parts two 5' windows) to another guy but claim guy was jack him, so him and i worked out a deal to trade my 96 Vulcan 1500 and a 2005 Haufman 18' dove tail :P ,steel floor trailer for his trailer. Well the young kid showed up to buy his trailer and he told him "NO" :evil: he was dealing with me. He wanted me to come get it this past saturday. :lol: So he called me Friday nite to confirm "WE" had a deal. :P So saturday morning at 8;30am he called again to confirm i was coming. I drove 4 1/2 hrs. to Jascksonville,Fla and round trip 165.00 gas for him to tell me no deal. He said my bike frame had been cut. :? Well i told him that it was a muffler bracket and "HADN'T" been cut . My friend who went with me brother owns the Kawasaki and Suzuki dealership told him it was a bracket also. But "NO" he had many :?: bikes an frame cut . So when deal fell , i ask for half gas money and he said up my azz. :twisted: When we got back we pull up the bike on PC and confirm frame had "NOT" been cut and it was a muffler bracket. He screwed the guy before me on trailer sell(for 5000.00) no . sell , then told me 7000.00. Con artist watch your self. It is a "VEND TRAILER :shock: and NOT A TRUE CAR TRAILER.-------BEWARE -------- :twisted:
Old 03-17-2009, 10:47 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: 30' trailer in Jacksonville,fla.#1486470--BEWARE--

Originally Posted by fastfrog
Man,s name is Rich-- He had a deal to sell a 30' enclosed trailer( which he has listed as a car trailer but is a vend trailer :shock: to open up sides to sell parts two 5' windows) to another guy but claim guy was jack him, so him and i worked out a deal to trade my 96 Vulcan 1500 and a 2005 Haufman 18' dove tail :P ,steel floor trailer for his trailer. Well the young kid showed up to buy his trailer and he told him "NO" :evil: he was dealing with me. He wanted me to come get it this past saturday. :lol: So he called me Friday nite to confirm "WE" had a deal. :P So saturday morning at 8;30am he called again to confirm i was coming. I drove 4 1/2 hrs. to Jascksonville,Fla and round trip 165.00 gas for him to tell me no deal. He said my bike frame had been cut. :? Well i told him that it was a muffler bracket and "HADN'T" been cut . My friend who went with me brother owns the Kawasaki and Suzuki dealership told him it was a bracket also. But "NO" he had many :?: bikes an frame cut . So when deal fell , i ask for half gas money and he said up my azz. :twisted: When we got back we pull up the bike on PC and confirm frame had "NOT" been cut and it was a muffler bracket. He screwed the guy before me on trailer sell(for 5000.00) no . sell , then told me 7000.00. Con artist watch your self. It is a "VEND TRAILER :shock: and NOT A TRUE CAR TRAILER.-------BEWARE -------- :twisted:
I aaume you had a "deal" based on the approval of all items in the trade. Upon the inspection of everything, you had a problem with the style of the trailer & he did not approve of the condition of the frame on your bike. You indicated the seller held the trailer & declined a potential sale while he waited for you. Then you both parted ways & there was no deal. That seems like it does not necessarily make the seller a con-artist... but someone who declined on the deal based on the condition he saw of your bike. He sounds like he has been burned before with bad frames & did not want to take the chance again. This does not make him dishonest... just my opinion. Scooter
Old 03-17-2009, 05:33 PM
dak697
MASTER BUILDER

I am not taking anyones side on this. Yes it is a terrible thing that the deal did not go through. 4.5 hours and 165.00 in gas.

But the thing about trading stuff for stuff, everyone has to feel comfortable with the trade. I have seen trades both work and not work.

1 person gets cold feet, right or wrong, the guy did not feel comfortable with the trade.

No goods changed hands, no money changed hands, other than the day and gas burnt up, it could have been much worse. I'd consider myself lucky
Old 03-17-2009, 06:12 PM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

not taking sides either but ad plainly says 2- 5' push out doors for vending, so that shouldn't have been a surprise when you got there..sounds like you didn't like his stuff as much as he didn't like yours...it doesn't look like he misrepresented the trailer in the ad , just not what either of you were looking for ,,,JMO
Old 03-18-2009, 02:57 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

I am not the guy he was dealing with but My trailer is a 28' enclosed car trailer with a vendor window in one side. It hauls my car and we sell out of it. If you ever had one you would think they are great. You can open the big window for nice breeze through the trailer on a hot day. You have shade in front of the trailer. I can put my battery charger on the car from outside the trailer.

Old 03-18-2009, 04:52 AM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

that is pretty neat actually , if I ever buy a new trailer , I would like that feature added.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:50 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

I just wanted to add that I am not trying to take sides either, but i sure don't want to see a mans name degraded over a misunderstanding or called a "con-artist" for passing on a deal gone south. Cheating & stealing is one thing... but backing out of a deal does not make him a bad buisnessman. Scooter
Old 03-19-2009, 09:25 AM
wlpatterson
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Deal?

I agree its better to not go through with a trade that you are'nt happy with with than to trade & spend the rest of the time badmouthing eachother-I can't blame him for not trading if hes not happy with the deal-Its a pisser that you drove all that way & no deal I have been there & done that,Not any fun!! Its better to not trade than to trade & spend the rest of your time feeling bad about it--Just an opinion-not taking sides with anyone-
Old 03-19-2009, 02:30 PM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

:lol: I THINK HE HOPPED OFF :!: :!:
Old 03-19-2009, 05:12 PM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

OOOHH Froggy went a courtin' and he did ride...

http://www.musiclegacy.com/Pages/froggy.htm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -