Thread: 598 bbc

598 bbc

i am having my big lock built and was wondering if i decide to put a 100 or 150 shot to it will it survive ok ?.....i have gas ported pistons and non billet main capps mark v bowtie block

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

Re: 598 bbc

Quote Originally Posted by harley12110
    i am having my big lock built and was wondering if i decide to put a 100 or 150 shot to it will it survive ok ?.....i have gas ported pistons and non billet main capps mark v bowtie block
    ....give it the gas man...100-150 is kind of mild just need to be mindful and back off the timing accordingly....I've put 300plate kit on mine....just loves it.....that will set you hair on fire.. :wink: :wink: on 2 bolt stdded mains...

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

Re: 598 bbc

Quote Originally Posted by harley12110
    100-150 shot is what these guys with stock "rice burners" are putting to them and have no issues. I wouldnt worry about the parts breaking, just make sure you keep plenty of fuel to it and retard the timing, them are 2 of them main issues people have with nitrous.
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    I have a 69'Camaro with a bone stock 350,crank,rods,pistons,heads,intake and carb. except for a mild cam(under .500 lift) and I put on a NOS cheater system with a 100hp shot and it just loves it. I've used a couple bottles already and the plugs look just fine.
    Once you start push'in that button it gets real addictive real fast Go have fun,man 8)
    If a 5 lb hammer can't fix it,it must be electrical
    Keep the shiney side up! 8)
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/85221

"Once you start push'in that button it gets real addictive real fast"

Man you've got the right, this stuff is very very addictive stay away unless you want to spend thousands! lol
    Seriously I would not be afraid to put a 100 shot on my wore out 1995 suburban and it has well over 240K! Let the madness begin.
    Goodluck and hangon! Cp
    ***IN GOD WE TRUST***

Start out with a 100 shot, get it tuned in, check your plugs and press that button, Once you get a feel for the tune and adrenelen rush put in a bigger shot.

I think you will find a 150 to 175 shot will be more than suffecient to have a little fun and still be safe level of no2 to prevent destroying your engine.

You may want to stay in the 100 to 125 range if your converter isn't set up for nitrous. Too big a shot will baloon the converter.