Thread: which tranny cooler is best

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

which tranny cooler is best

B M maks a super cooler(radiator type of core) be cool make a cooler with a tube running continuously through it, and some of the companies offer a turbulator fin type of cooler. whic is the best one to run to get maximum cooling without aid of a electric fan or other aids. thanks chevy art.

Tru-cool LPD (low pressure drop) transmission cooler. They have many sizes available for different applications. They have fins that are lay'd at an angle and are "flattened" for max cooling surface area.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    B&M Super Cooler works good with the fan
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

X2 on the B&M

Member MASTER JOURNEYMAN
    Not to butt in, but is it possible to go with too large of a cooler or is it a good idea to go with the largest that will fit for the application?

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    You can never go wrong going big here, a old A/C condenser works great.
    Its best to run both an external and a internal cooler, most dont because of the added weight and the fact that most aftermarket radiators arent equiped with internals anymore but if you can use a rad with a cooler in it>by all means do it.
    Cp
    ***IN GOD WE TRUST***

tranny coolers

i just cant believe it is a good idea to put the hot tranny fluid in the engines radiator. its hard enough to keep the cars cool from just the engines coolant running through them ( i have a 75 vega and large size radiator installs are next to impossible, so i want to use my radiator for the engine only and a separate tranny cooler for the trans. i like the idea of the B&M cooler that is 1 1/2 " thick and is 8"x11" and Fluidyne makes one for deisel trucks that aRE 2" thick and are 11"x12" that sound like my best bet to get max trans cooling. what do you guys think thanks chevy art

8. Racing Junk