Adjusting dual carbs HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-12-2009, 08:28 PM
af62cobra
SHOW GUEST

Default Adjusting dual carbs HELP!!!!!!!!!!

just brought a 89 mustang coupe tunnel ram dual carb set-up car had been thur a couple owners after it was built. They got the carbs out of adjustment need help in getting them close as a Dyno is about 1 1/2 hours away.They are 600 Holleys. The guy that built the car has moved out of the area. So no help their.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:55 AM
radicalz
MASTER BUILDER

Default Re: Adjusting dual carbs HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by af62cobra
just brought a 89 mustang coupe tunnel ram dual carb set-up car had been thur a couple owners after it was built. They got the carbs out of adjustment need help in getting them close as a Dyno is about 1 1/2 hours away.They are 600 Holleys. The guy that built the car has moved out of the area. So no help their.

Ok you got to give us more to go with....what size is the motor....heads, etc...the only way I know to do it is do them 1 at a time....setting the idle mixture and making sure the float levels are correct as far as power valves you would have to wait till you got to the dyno to set that part...maybe somebody else can help
Old 03-13-2009, 06:58 AM
af62cobra
SHOW GUEST

Default adjusting dual carbs

they are on a 306 FMS F cam e7 that have a tons og port and polish work not sure if stock valves 1.7 rocker arms,I think it's 10:1, i think it has a stock bottem end other than bore.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:59 AM
desoto30
JUNIOR BUILDER

first syncronise the throttle butterflies,then go from there
Old 03-13-2009, 10:31 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

A air flow meter is about the only way to sycronize them things correctly, do the simple stuff first though, level the floats, screw in idle screws then back out 3 full turns as a starting point, jet both carbs the same, etc etc, then once you crank it up, (linkage undone) set the carbs to get the same airflow across both at idle, then adjust linkage out to have zero slack between the 2 carbs.
600cfms are kinda big for a little 302 - 450's would probably work better.
You might just run over that stock bottom end once you get it running.

Goodluck, Cp
Old 03-20-2009, 06:31 PM
stealth20
SHOW GUEST

I know you don't want to hear this.. but those holley 600s suck.... if at all possible change at some point to 660 ctr squirters if possible...

I would take them off, go through them to find out what's all in there (jets Metering block.. etc.. clean all the holes.. set the throttle blades so only a tiny bit of the T-slot is showing and start from there..