Thread: Fabricating a JBR 4 door injector hat

Junior Member APPRENTICE

Fabricating a JBR 4 door injector hat

Mike Leonards AA/GS car has inspired me to fabricate my own JBR style injector hat. He made everything that is carbon fiber from aluminum sheets. I have one problem though, the JBR scoops use a billet aluminum front plate to mount the butterflies which slides down into the carbon fiber scoop and is bolted on. Mikes' scoop had one of these taken off a JBR, like I said he just fabricated everything that was carbon fiber. I forgot to ask Mike where he got this billet butterfly assembely, I figure finding one of these scoops crushed to rob parts off it about a one in a million chance. I can't find any JBR website, phone number, address or anything. So I was hoping sombody on here could give me thier phone number and maybe they'll just sell me this billet part. Also has anybody on here tried anything like this?

Here's a picture in case you don't know what it is.

JBR hats are made by composite specialites. heres the link.

http://www.compositespecialties.com/injectors.htm

hope it helps you out

Bit of advice from experience with the jbr hats and similar.....first thing to do is take the round allen bolts out and replace them with standard headed allen bolts. The two JBR hats we have had, the butterflies tend to move a bit and start sticking. After a few adjustments the button heads are shot. even thread lock and cranking down the bolts wouldn't keep them from shifting around.

Junior Member APPRENTICE
    Thanks alot, that's what I was looking for, thanks for the allen bolt tip also.