Trailer wax HELP

Old 03-08-2009, 04:09 PM
dynaguy03
MASTER BUILDER

Default Trailer wax HELP

Anyone have any suggestions on what cleaner/wax to use on a White race car trailer??
Im doing the one a year buff ...

thanks Again
Old 03-09-2009, 07:50 AM
TopspeedLowet
DYNO OPERATOR

I hate a dirty trailer and had a dark blue pace that was 14 years old and was chalky blue when I bought it. After trying lots of my favorites, the original WAX SHOP super glaze HD was the best for cleaning and longest lasting. This stuff can be applied with a low speed wheel or by hand. It comes off effortlessly with a terry cloth towel or wool wheel bonnet. It sees right on the wax not to use on highly oxidized finishes, but I have had the best luck with it even with paint in poor condition. Turtle wax bought the wax shop last year and the new formula is, you guessed it, blue just like turtle wax was. I have been able to purchase the original tan colored formula and have not tried the new (unchanged formula) Ha Ha. This wax removes the dark streaks off the paint your galvanized roof puts on it and protects it for nearly a whole season.
The phone is 1-800-323 9192 in Chicago, IL
Old 03-15-2009, 05:34 AM
markadams
JUNIOR BUILDER

For stains I had good luck with a diluted orange cleaner made by ZEP. I used it on my motorhome. Try it on a very small spot first to make sure it doesn't hurt the paint. It will take ALL the protection off, so you have to re wax it after. I kept it in a chemical sprayer, diluted, sprayed it on the sides, then washed it right off with car soap and water. Be careful. Test it first.