hard times finally hit home

Old 03-06-2009, 07:48 PM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

Default hard times finally hit home

Well it happened and I knew it was coming..My wife and I have been running alcohol dragsters around the south for a number of years. We can no longer afford to live this dream as the price of things related with this operation have risen terribly. As I have aged I find it harder and harder to get in and out or the thing , so when it came time to sell something around here , you quessed it , it had to go...We sold whole operation lock , stock , and barrell to a distant friend that we had matched raced with over the years just this afternoon..I think it was time the way things are going , I don't think in another year I could have given it away...I will still be reading all this great junk on this forem and commenting ever now and then , but it just won't be the same...life goes on..just needed to talk about it...thanks,,,,Paul & Judy ( THE RATTLER)
Old 03-06-2009, 09:18 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

NO!!!, Paul, not the way to go, if you are employed, stay in the game. DONOT quit totally. I'm 70 yrs. old and on SS, $1861.00 per month, single (not by choice) I'm not fast, but you donot have to be to stay in the game, i have a rental property in Ms. and a mortage in La. and i'll die a natural death or in my cars. But i'll never give up after 54 yrs. of racing, PEROID. I've never ever had any real money no sponser so to speak, Buy something and go too the track and enjoy the comorady that we have always had among racers, you don't have to be a STAR, for the most of my life i haven't been, altough i've had my hay days, 40 yrs. ago, but i'll never quit again PEROID.

JMO

Zip.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:52 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

I agree with Zipper, dont ever quit.
There are cheaper ways to race, be creative, build youself and the misses a pump gas footbrake beater and haul it on a open trailor> Sitting on the side lines watching sucks a fat babies wiener, you'll be back.
Hell Nah! I'll race my tow vehicle before throwing in the towel.
Cp
Old 03-07-2009, 01:12 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

NO.you just dont quit.not if you love the game. zip hit it 100%.hell im crippled up , in extreme pain constantly,can barely walk and i still stay out in the shop 10 hrs a day.i have never been a pro racer like you but im a biker and hotrodder and i know what it means to give up a way of life that you love,(not by choice).it will eat at you 24hrs a day.you dont have to be top dog but put together a new outfit and get to the track.goodluck ken
Old 03-07-2009, 03:55 AM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

we have talked about buying a simple(stock) door car that you don't have to work on all the time and do some bracket racing just to stay in the game..going to have and wait and see how this economy thing goes. as I said , I think it was a good time to get rid of the expensive stuff..don't count me out yet
Old 03-07-2009, 04:17 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by maniac
we have talked about buying a simple(stock) door car that you don't have to work on all the time and do some bracket racing just to stay in the game..going to have and wait and see how this economy thing goes. as I said , I think it was a good time to get rid of the expensive stuff..don't count me out yet
i agree with this comment you just made..back Last September i sold one of the nicest/fastest cars i ever owned (63 vette,632 big chief)...Many Questioned why back then ?..now 6 months later most see why.

but let me say..i still have 2 other lower maintenance cars..i will not stop altogther. cars are my life.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 03-07-2009, 04:45 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

IF YOU LOVE RACING AND THE CAR YA CANT WORRY WHAT THE CAR IS WORTH (THERE ALL MONEY PITS) . I HAVE NEVER DONE A CAR THAT WOULD BRING WHAT I HAVE INTO IT IN GOOD TIMES, BUT ITS MY LOVE. YA GOT TA STAY IN THE GAME! WITH A FOOT BRAKE CAR AND OPEN TRAILER YA CAN STILL HAVE A GREAT TIME AND NOT RACE TO THE POOR HOUSE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 03-07-2009, 06:17 AM
kw89425
MASTER BUILDER

i run a pump gas 496 tons cheaper not the fastest at the track but far from the slowest too.
Old 03-07-2009, 06:27 AM
kw89425
MASTER BUILDER

oh i forgot to mention im running a sportsman chassis witha 8.50 cert. and i dont have to worry about going to fast :lol:
Old 03-07-2009, 06:40 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I got talked into running my pickup truck in trophy one night....I gota tell ya I had more fun than I do with the race car...John Force Burnout.... Big old shoe polish white stripe on the right rear tire. Air conditioner on , radio playing..rocketing to a whopping 11 second eigth mile pass... :lol:

I even went some rounds until I put the tailgate down and broke out. :P

You will be back

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -