people saying anything to sell

Old 03-06-2009, 01:46 PM
kw89425
MASTER BUILDER

Default people saying anything to sell

i was looking at an add on a boat a 1990 for 28,000. the add stated always kept indoors clean no fade rare. well i just had to look it up. the add says it is rare twin engine and it could be but when i looked it up to check what it is worth the only engine option in 1990 was twin 454's. the add didnt really say much more than that and that twin 454's were rare in 1990 so i cant wrap my head around it can be rare when i checked it out twin 454's seem to be standard :?:
Old 03-06-2009, 03:54 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

kw-

I don't know... but i certainly know they made a few 454's in 90. A twin BBC boat right now in this economy seems like it would be hard to sell though... that is a gallon/per mile set up (on a good day). My dad's buddy had one & it cost a PILE of money to run.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:02 PM
kw89425
MASTER BUILDER

yeah when i looked it up in the nada twin 454's wasnt an option it was listed 1990 was twin 454's so i cant see that being rare. i love a boat but im not looking for another one the way i work ill be happy to have time and money to race a little. i just kinda saw it as an add saying whatever it might take to sell. i dont know that as fact just seemed odd. kinda like saying a motor has stuff in it thats not there. hmmm
Old 03-06-2009, 07:40 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

[quote="kw89425"]yeah when i looked it up in the nada twin 454's wasnt an option it was listed 1990 was twin 454's so i cant see that being rare. i love a boat but im not looking for another one the way i work ill be happy to have time and money to race a little. i just kinda saw it as an add saying whatever it might take to sell. i dont know that as fact just seemed odd. kinda like saying a motor has stuff in it thats not there. hmmm[/quote

Nothing wrong with that plan KW... save a few dollars & race at the same time. That boat would be fun though. Scoot
Old 03-06-2009, 08:32 PM
kw89425
MASTER BUILDER

yeah i have had a few boats. i keep forgetting the best 2 days owning a boat. the day you get and the day you get rid of it..lol
Old 03-07-2009, 01:59 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

to me, a boat aint nothing but a thing to suck all your money up. unless i lived right on the water i wouldnt own one but my son has one and its been sitting in our parking area since last spring witha busted block all the while hes making payments on it.smart kid!!
Old 03-07-2009, 06:45 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by outlaw256
to me, a boat aint nothing but a thing to suck all your money up. unless i lived right on the water i wouldnt own one but my son has one and its been sitting in our parking area since last spring witha busted block all the while hes making payments on it.smart kid!!
LOL...I really have a feeling YOU are a very cool dad.

Paul Teutul Sr.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:16 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

thanks todd74 that meant alot to me to hear that.i hope that when im in the ground that my kids remember the good times we had and the things i tried to do for them instead of all the other b.s.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:36 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

I bet they will Outlaw... you have had a colorful life... kinda like my dad. he is not perfect, had his share of victories & pain, but I will remember the good things... in the end, those are things that matter. You sure as hell won't go down as a quitter- thats for sure. Hows the pain these days?Is it getting any better? Scooter
Old 03-08-2009, 11:36 PM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

scooter my friend, i have never run from anything never. but i finally have met my match.they said i wouldnt walk but i not only walked but was riding, not much but alittle.i did alot of work in the shop. but the last 6 months have been bad.the pain just gets worse.and one day it will win.i started praying for help. im getting some help but not the way i asked. but atleast i got enough sence to know that it is help in some way.so many things are starting to go wrong now and it all comes from after effects of the wreck. oh well life goes on, with or without us it just keeps on keepin on.i started getting so sentimental lately.and i just keep on thinking and talking about the ol days.im stuck in the 70s and 80s.really!i miss them so bad,i was so young and bad.i had life by the balls but somehow it kinda got mine now!theres a graveyard that backs up against my line in the woods. i picked out my spot the other day.put my favorite jeans and t shirt in a bag with a note.the horseman draws near brother but ill stand and fight but he always wins. always ken

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -