Blown Small Ford 408"

Old 03-03-2009, 06:45 AM
longm1958
APPRENTICE

Default Blown Small Ford 408"

I am building a blown 408" Ford smallblock. Enderle bug,Hampton unstripped 6-71 blower,Hampton manifold,74' Ford block,Ohio crankshaft crank and H-beam rods with Mahle pistons. I plan to run a roller cam,not picked yet,(I have one but don't have cam card or specs on it).
I am putting a shorty powerglide w/1.76 gears behind it and will have 3.90 gears all in a FED with 31/13 slicks.
I have read here 11:1 compression is max. Jim at Enderle said if I run alcohol 12, 13 to 1 is OK with right drive on blower.
I guess I am just asking what others think about this set up or has anyone else run a similar set up and what issues might I encounter ?
Mike Long
Old 03-03-2009, 03:23 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Mike been a while..hope your doing Good..did you sell the Vette..remember i am the guy from S.C Who's best Friend painted the vette a few years back.

Jim is very knowledgeable on the injections etc.....but i would say 12/13:1 is a little agressive on the static Compression you would just have to underdrive the blower so much it sort of defeats the purpose of running it (blower).that is what Jim is telling you with the pulley thing..you can make the higher compression work but it defeats the Boost ideas.
i personally would come in around 11:1 static..IMO ( still have to run alcohol)

What kind of fuel delivery you gonna have in place ?..i am sure its mechanical pump..the Loop back system Good vibrations sells is Great..it cuts out all the return lines and will feed right back into the pump eliminating the dry pump starts..
i will post a link for the loop back cars...
ohh yeah you can send that camshaft up here to Clements racing here in S.C. and they can place it on the CAM DOCTOR..it will tell you everthing. better then cam card.

also if you gonna hit it hard and sounds like you are ..i would go with aluminum rods, will abosorb the shock on the mains much better...double Key the crank and run a crank hub

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 03-04-2009, 05:22 AM
longm1958
APPRENTICE

Default Set up

Thanks bjuice. I haven't thought to much into the fuel system. I have an Enderle 110 pump. The manifold also has port nozzle injection I forgot to mention.
Thanks again
Mike
Old 03-04-2009, 01:28 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

here is the Link for the Fuel Loop back system...see the blower motor on front and you can see what it looks like on the engine..the price is reasonable also..probably cheaper then what it would cost you for the fittings and braided line..and much,much safer with less fuel stored in extra lines

http://www.goodvibesracing.com/inlet_loop_lines.htm

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "