Thread: Race car Tubing

Race car Tubing

Does anyone know where I can buy 1-5/8 x .134 mild steel tubing at. I have a project that needs about 60ft of it to complete and I am having a hard time getting some. I have found one supplier but they want about $14 per foot, I can buy CM for that. Any suggestions would be grateful.
    Thanks Brandon.

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    Where are you located? I have some 24' sticks that I would sell, but the truck shipping would kill you.

Bill Mitchell

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    The chassis shop phone # 1 800 530 9494 is the least expensive I have found for all my tubing. They have been historically economical for shipping charges if cut 10' long and sent truck in a round tube. They are open 9.00 AM to 5.00 PM eastern std time. I recommend giving them a call prior to purchasing from another. They can tell you the cost for shipping before you purchase. My catalog shows if you purchase 3 to 4 full lengths which are between 19' and 21' per is $6.36 per foot plus shipping.
    If you can use chromoly 1.5/8" .083 wall then it is only $3.00 per foot for the same 3 to 4 full length quantity. Mild steel is more expensive with thicker wall.

Junior Member APPRENTICE

tubing

theres a place in moorsville n. c. called nascar steel thay have anythang you want real good price call info for number area code is 704 but i found it on web under that name
    dsc1844.jpg hosted at ImageShack.us

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheYellaBrick's Avatar

Re: tubing

Quote Originally Posted by br1984
    theres a place in moorsville n. c. called nascar steel thay have anythang you want real good price call info for number area code is 704 but i found it on web under that name
    Nothing under nascar steel. Unless it's a subsidiary of NASCAR there would be a trademark/copyright infringement. Spelled differently ?
    TRUTH is HATE
    to those who
    HATE TRUTH

God Bless our folks in uniform
    "We the People, have your backs"
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/279898

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    I think it's called stockcarsteel, in Mooresville, Nc.

Zip.

http://www.stockcarsteel.com/