Thread: Reversion Plate

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

Reversion Plate

I bought a CNC Super Victor from Reher Morrison with the 1" spacer and the 4 hole reversion plate (502-828...now for sale too) for a 1050 carb. I have seen these reversion plates on Reher Morrison engines, Steve Schmidt's engines, and some others. I recently sold my carb and I am ordering a new Pro Systems 1600 cfm carb and the carb plates are too big for my current reversion spacer. Should I buy one from RM that will work under my new carb. I am a truck puller and my truck runs 8000-8200 rpm for 12 seconds and it is a non shift application. Engine is a 540 cu in BBC, CNC Super Victor intake, Edelbrock 24 degree heads from RFD, 14.4 comp, cam is 282 - 294 & .846 - 810 on a 112. What is the purpose of the reversion plate? What spacers should I run? Thanks.

Administrator RACING JUNKIE bjuice's Avatar
    I know we spoke about it before. did you dyno the engine with the 1050 ?
    Bjuice..

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    Yes, I dynoed with the 1050 in 2007 with Dart 355 CNC heads. For 2008 I bought a 1200 Pro Systems carb, made a cam change, new pistons and picked up 74 hp. With the Darts I was running a 1.7 rocker arms which is .799 and .765 lift. I was disappointed in the Dart 355 CNC heads on the dyno. Now I have the Edelbrock 24 degree from RFD and I am keeping the same cam, but I am going to go to a 1.8 ratio shaft rocker to give me the higher lifts.

Administrator RACING JUNKIE bjuice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tcarda
    Yes, I dynoed with the 1050 in 2007 with Dart 355 CNC heads. For 2008 I bought a 1200 Pro Systems carb, made a cam change, new pistons and picked up 74 hp. With the Darts I was running a 1.7 rocker arms which is .799 and .765 lift. I was disappointed in the Dart 355 CNC heads on the dyno. Now I have the Edelbrock 24 degree from RFD and I am keeping the same cam, but I am going to go to a 1.8 ratio shaft rocker to give me the higher lifts.
    WOW ! 74 HP IS great ! :shock:

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    If I've got it right a reversion plate is suppose to cut-out vibrations to the carb that might make it lean out under high revs.
    Cp
    ***IN GOD WE TRUST***