PLEASE READ BEFORE BUYING FROM SSTMOTORSPORTS!!!!

Old 02-19-2009, 02:19 PM
Dpilley
SHOW GUEST

Default PLEASE READ BEFORE BUYING FROM SSTMOTORSPORTS!!!!

At the end of january I ordered a helmet to be custom painted for my husbands birthday. I specifically asked for his name and race number to be air brushed along with a design. I told Chad (the rep I spoke with) that my husband did not like bright colors and to stick to black, white, silver, and kobalt blue. I also referenced some of the helmet designs advertised here on racing junk. I told him that after seeing their work I trusted them to come up with something great and to "go with it". Boy do I regret it. Yesterday I received the helmet and it's not bad but it is also not what we discussed. It is plain black with white ghost flames, thats it?! No name, no number, nothing at ALL like the advertised helmets. I called Chad and discussed this with him and was told that the painter who did the advertised helmets no longer works for them and that their current painters aren't as good as he was, Why wasn't I told this when I placed my order and praised the great work they have advertised? He did not understand why the name and number where not on it although he did see it before it was shipped. I was offered a $100 refund and if I shipped the helmet back they would add the name and number but was told a full refund/return was not an option. I decided I needed to think about it as now my husbands b-day is 5 days away. When I called back to inform them that I was indeed going to have them add the name and number I was told that was no longer an option but they would except the helmet and give me a refund. I went out of my way through this whole ordeal to be as polite and gracious as possible but now I'm angry, they won't even fix their own mistake?! Now it is on it's way back and the great surprise I planned to be my husbands b-day gift is ruined, thanks SST MOTORSPORTS
Old 02-19-2009, 03:52 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

Well thats a bad deal...but if they are gonna give you a full refund.TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN.RUN FAST..it is great that they will refund you.but you allmost allways have to do custom art work from someone close.so you and the painter are on the same page all the time..good luck,and happy Bday to the man of the house,and i am sure he will understand..heck if my wife just would think of buying me a new custom painted helmet i would be feeling faint !!!!
Old 02-19-2009, 05:43 PM
Dpilley
SHOW GUEST

Thanks bigray
Old 02-22-2009, 07:01 AM
sstmotorsports
SHOW GUEST

Default SST Motorsports custom paint

???
Old 02-22-2009, 07:19 AM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

no dought , a beautiful paint job , but the fact remains that her husbands birthday gift was not available as she requested because someone didn't write down what was requested to start with ..(.i think that is the chief complaint),,..very nice of you I thought to give full refund , but a nice gesture by her to plan ahead to provide her husband a beautiful birthday gift...just didn't pan out all because of somebody not paying attention to the customer.. just the way I see it , there is always room for improvement no matter what you do..have a nice day
Old 02-22-2009, 12:52 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

LET ME SEE--- THE WOMEN ORDERED A [CUSTOM] PAINT JOB ON A HELMET FOR HER HUSBANDS BIRTHDAY!!! YOU OR SOMEONE THAT WORKS FOR YOU TOOK AN ORDER FROM HER/ WITH DETAILS FOR THE " NAME AND NUMBER" ON THE ORDER--CORRECT SO FAR!!!!! :shock: :shock: THEN YOU SCREW IT UP COMPLETELY --BUT-- YOU THINK THAT SHE SHOULD GET THE RUN AROUND ABOUT THIS DEAL BECAUSE [ SHE IS A WOMEN } AND DOES NOT UNDERSTAND ops: ops: ops:

YOU ARE ONE VERY ARROGANT /LOWLIFE DEALER TO THINK THAT IS GOOD BUSINESS PRACTICES---WAKEUP AND SMELL THE PAINT FUMES -APOLIGISE TO THE WIFE /SEND HER THE REFUND IN FULL/ AND CHANGE YOUR ORDERING STYLE[ IN FACT SINCE IT WAS 100% YOUR FAULT THEN PAINT IT THE RIGHT WAY [ FOR FREE] ALSO TO MAKE AMMENDS 8) 8) 8)
IF I MESS UP ON MY CONSTRUCTION PROJECT I HAVE TO FIX IT AND EAT THE LABOR ,TOO--ALOT MORE MONEY THEN YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT HERE--IT IS THE LAW :cry: :cry:

LIVELY
Old 02-22-2009, 03:12 PM
blowninjected540
EXPERT BUILDER

Being in my own business for 17 years. Lively took the words right out of my mouth. Very well stated.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:15 PM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

2000 tahoe, black, no body work need.cust. wants it repainted black with flames. we shoot it black and son pits on white flames(not traditional style flames) looks awesome! cust. doesnt like them. sand reshoot black, shoot more flames.doesnt like them. (wrong color for him, look awesome to me)shot with pearl dust so we sand paint down(getting alittle to thick for my taste) sand back to factory paint and then we prime and shot color then flame with white pearl. can barely see the damn things and he LOVES IT! it looks a foot deep and shiny as shiny can get.one of our best.im really proud of this damn truck.its going to ake us alot more customers.for those of you that know what is involved in a show car job you know the amount of sandind and buffing that went into this job.we color sanded 4 complete times 1000,1500,2000,2500. then buffed it with a cutter then cleaner then swirl remover, glaze, then yellow wax.i compared this to a $27,000 job.both black. and ours looks better.our cost including material and labor 5200. his 1800.reason for this, because when we started he didnt know for sure how he wanted his flames.we said we had the idea of what he wanted and he said go and we went.(into debt).this started as a reshoot, no door jamsn or under hood .just body and shoot some flames for him.(hes a family friend)after all the work he got what he wanted and he is happy. and he hangs with boys who spend on thier cars to make them look good, so we get advertisment for the shop.we lost our butts on this one but there wasnt anything in writing so we had to make him happy. and we did say i think we know what you want so it all fell in my lap,didnt it?we would nomally get around 2500. but hes young 2 kids tight fisted wife so we cut it to 1800.wont do that ship again!!!
Old 02-23-2009, 10:29 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Outlaw, I hear you. No doubt you lost on that one... but your reputation is upheld & speaks volumes about how you work. I think that we are not necessarily comparing "apples to apples" however.

She stated colors, #, name, etc... she did not get what she was promised by a "professional" who said they could do it. Who gives a damn if the main design/painter does not work there anymore??? NOT HER PROBLEM.

X3 Lively.... don't say you can do it if you can't!
Old 02-23-2009, 10:42 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

WTF, he edited the post and removed it, guess I wont be buying anything off of them!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -