ImBack
MASTER BUILDER

Default Wrap?

Anybody have a dragster or racecar wrapped? How does it look? Thanks
Old 02-24-2009, 06:38 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Nothing like paint IMO

I've seen only a select few that look ok, they all look good from 50-100 ft away but up close they lack the shine. I'd rather have something painted 1 solid color for what it cost to get a wrap. Maybe a 1/2 wrap would look better
Old 02-25-2009, 05:55 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Check this guy out. He does racecars here in IL.

http://www.lidygraphics.com/
Old 02-25-2009, 08:37 AM
kod99
MASTER BUILDER

The dragster that's posted on the website looks real good. The great thing about graphics is, if you don't like 'em you can take 'em off easy. I wonder how they hold up as compared to paint?
Old 02-25-2009, 05:20 PM
ImBack
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by hammertime
Nothing like paint IMO

I've seen only a select few that look ok, they all look good from 50-100 ft away but up close they lack the shine. I'd rather have something painted 1 solid color for what it cost to get a wrap. Maybe a 1/2 wrap would look better
Thats what i was thinking to,they all look the same also???.Ive re-thought this since i posted it,im having Greg Russell in GA draw some renderings and my friend Billy Fields is painting it.He painted Wes Mays car.now i just have to wait on him!!!!
Old 02-25-2009, 07:13 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by ImBack
Originally Posted by hammertime
Nothing like paint IMO

Thats what i was thinking to,they all look the same also???.Ive re-thought this since i posted it,im having Greg Russell in GA draw some renderings and my friend Billy Fields is painting it.He painted Wes Mays car.now i just have to wait on him!!!!
Wes Mays car is the nicest door car I've seen I'd love to have that car :lol:

I've seen very few that looked good one was the Big L's on drr and another was a car I seen at ten tucks a few years back. Maybe they have changed a lot cheaper then paint though. I've spent big bucks on a paint job with Olsons and spent a lot less with locals and a high end paint job is hard to keep up with, I'd think the wrap would be worse.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:05 AM
ImBack
MASTER BUILDER

Wes's car is my favorite door car around! Yea the wraps are the same looking for some reason?You can spot one 20' away and i was worried about fading,hate to spend the $ and not last very long like paint.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:07 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by ImBack
Wes's car is my favorite door car around! Yea the wraps are the same looking for some reason?You can spot one 20' away and i was worried about fading,hate to spend the $ and not last very long like paint.
If we could find a place that had some shine to it we'd be fine on using a wrap but untill then paint is the way

Wes's car is sweet !!
Old 02-27-2009, 08:34 AM
ImBack
MASTER BUILDER

Lidygraphics on DragRaceResults has some nice wraps!! They have pics in a sticky on top of the page and are reasonably priced.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:10 PM
I972Nova
EXPERT BUILDER

Any body have a pic of Wes's car? After reading about it, I would like to see it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -