Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wrap?

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

Wrap?

Anybody have a dragster or racecar wrapped? How does it look? Thanks

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Nothing like paint IMO

I've seen only a select few that look ok, they all look good from 50-100 ft away but up close they lack the shine. I'd rather have something painted 1 solid color for what it cost to get a wrap. Maybe a 1/2 wrap would look better
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

The dragster that's posted on the website looks real good. The great thing about graphics is, if you don't like 'em you can take 'em off easy. I wonder how they hold up as compared to paint?

Quote Originally Posted by hammertime
    Nothing like paint IMO

I've seen only a select few that look ok, they all look good from 50-100 ft away but up close they lack the shine. I'd rather have something painted 1 solid color for what it cost to get a wrap. Maybe a 1/2 wrap would look better
    Thats what i was thinking to,they all look the same also???.Ive re-thought this since i posted it,im having Greg Russell in GA draw some renderings and my friend Billy Fields is painting it.He painted Wes Mays car.now i just have to wait on him!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ImBack
    Quote Originally Posted by hammertime
    Nothing like paint IMO

Thats what i was thinking to,they all look the same also???.Ive re-thought this since i posted it,im having Greg Russell in GA draw some renderings and my friend Billy Fields is painting it.He painted Wes Mays car.now i just have to wait on him!!!!
    Wes Mays car is the nicest door car I've seen I'd love to have that car :lol:

I've seen very few that looked good one was the Big L's on drr and another was a car I seen at ten tucks a few years back. Maybe they have changed a lot cheaper then paint though. I've spent big bucks on a paint job with Olsons and spent a lot less with locals and a high end paint job is hard to keep up with, I'd think the wrap would be worse.
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

Wes's car is my favorite door car around! Yea the wraps are the same looking for some reason?You can spot one 20' away and i was worried about fading,hate to spend the $ and not last very long like paint.

Quote Originally Posted by ImBack
    Wes's car is my favorite door car around! Yea the wraps are the same looking for some reason?You can spot one 20' away and i was worried about fading,hate to spend the $ and not last very long like paint.
    If we could find a place that had some shine to it we'd be fine on using a wrap but untill then paint is the way

Wes's car is sweet !!
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

Lidygraphics on DragRaceResults has some nice wraps!! They have pics in a sticky on top of the page and are reasonably priced.

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    Any body have a pic of Wes's car? After reading about it, I would like to see it!
    Josh VanHorne

1964 Chevy Nova
    Worlds quickest and fastest tow truck. (9.92 @ 137)

http://static.racingjunk.com/63/ui/7...247837-479.jpg

http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/211708