What steps can I take?

Old 02-13-2009, 03:44 PM
dgordner
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default What steps can I take?

I sent a seller in Florida (not from this site) a check for $365.00. He was to send me an overlay for a 1970 Javelin. No answer on phone calls or e-mail. I am in Pennsylvania. What are the legal steps I can take if any?
Old 02-17-2009, 09:45 AM
comet64
SHOW GUEST

Default WHAT ARE YOUR OPTIONS

it seems to be complicated im in the same situation with a person in port charllotte fl. it will cost you more than 365.00 in legal fee's. ive contacted local authorities to report this indiviual. racing junk is willing to give info on person but it has to be seopenoed. ive been out 570.00 with out the part purchased for over a month. goodluck mike.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:24 PM
onebad48tk
JOURNEYMAN

did you send a postal money order?
Old 02-17-2009, 07:10 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

Listing a few more detailed specifics would really help us help you.
When the check sent
Type of Check
name/address and any other info that may help.
Good Luck & Thanks for Participating on this forum.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:59 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I don't know what legal steps you can take...but I know of some illegal ones...
Old 02-18-2009, 11:24 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

Sounds like a job for Tony & Rock"O"

How bout some detail??????????
Old 02-20-2009, 07:38 AM
dgordner
JUNIOR BUILDER

I really do not know how much more you need to know. I sent money out of state for an overlay and haven't recieved it yet. It was a postal money order. I wish not to share the name yet. I will if this doesn't work out. I just wanted to know if anyone knows what steps I can take to recover the money or get my overlay. I was able to reach him for the first time in a month yesterday. Story he gave me was fishy!!! You know, one can tell by the conversation. It has been over a month now, but I am waiting another week before I take further steps. Again, just wanted to know if anyone has any experience with this kind of out of state situation and if so, what can I do?
Old 02-20-2009, 08:32 AM
dak697
MASTER BUILDER

Having never gone through this personally. I can only relate what I have read others do/suggested.

1-Call the Local Police to Report it

2-Log a complaint to www.ic3.gov (internet crime complaint)

3-If you sent a "US Postal Money Order" it could be considered Mail Fraud.
I also believe that the offence is worse if the money went to another state

The Post office may be able to give you some direction.

Good Luck
Old 02-20-2009, 02:18 PM
vincef
JUNIOR BUILDER

Wouldn't waste my time - ic3 is so busy that $3xx in fraud will not hit their radar screen.

Might have to bend over and just take it dry - sucks the conartist breed on here and ruin the site.

I recently made a purchase on here for the first time being raped a few years back. Was hesitent but it all worked out and I saved $500 in the process on a set of headers. I refuse to buy anything significant (over 200) on here after my past lesson.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:35 PM
bbf429
SHOW GUEST

Default getting taken

I feel for you I've been buying for years and never had a problem but the last time I bought 2 new turbo-start batteries they're no good and I don't think we would come out ahead by trying to fight it. We probably have to lick our wounds and go on. Good luck with your problem and I hope it works out for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -