Any racing or changes for 09 ?!?

Old 02-09-2009, 07:41 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Any racing or changes for 09 ?!?

Any of you guys doing any racing this year yet if so how are you doing ?
Anyone making changes for the 09 year, race car street car or whatever your toy is :lol:

Its suppose to be 60 degrees tomorrow here in Michigan gets me amped up for racing season !! I am sure it'll be 20 degrees in a few days but going to enjoy it while its here !!
Old 02-09-2009, 08:26 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

Working on my vacuum pump install on mine. Tight fit, and everything had to be tweaked...Got most of it done now, just need to swap one valve cover and install 2 lines when they come in, and finish the gauge panel install for the vacuum gauge and the ammeter for the alt. I already installed. It was in the 70's the last few days while I was off. (I work 4 on/4off). If the weather cooperates, there is a local Grudge race on Feb. 22 I'm trying to make...
Old 02-09-2009, 08:48 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

My Open Road Race car is getting taller gears, a 2 pack of chutes, dual battery setup, new valve springs, and additional sponsor graphics.
Today I was interviewed by a local tv station about Miss DD Doba and our mission, the 'We the People, have your backs' tour 2009, which aired this evening. A nice shot of publicity for the veterans and car folks.

The pavement hill climb car is getting shorter gears, slicks, and a power steering unit.
20's to 30's and teasing us with 40's but still no racin' till April.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:05 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Just about got my 434" ready to drop into my Malibu, hoping to drop into the 5's at 3250lbs. Stupid ass track here (Twin Cities) still doesn't have a posting for the 2009 schedule. Went to Baton Rouge last weekend, Super Chevy with the 66 3700lb Biscyne with the 468 pump gas motor ran 10.56@124, best ever. Ran out of gas had to use the generator gas to finish racing, only went 3 rounds, due to a .027 pkg. VS .017 pkg. against an 8 second dragster and life goes on. Friend from south La. with the ProMod Hearst (no bodies inside) went 3.92@191 in the 1/8, guess you could call that hauling ass.

Zip.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:59 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Dam zip that guy was hauling the mail, what the heck did here have in that thing? more info please>
Hollysprings and Byhalia are opening up the first weekend in march.
Just 4 more short weeks!
I have to get mine and the boy's mustang ready, both motors are tore down right now. Replacin heads gaskets on mine and doing some routine stuff, his engine and tranny swap.
I should be done with the mustang by the weeks end if the tranny is back by then, wish me luck!
Goodluck to all this year, Cp
Old 02-10-2009, 02:34 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

New converter. Make some test passes then hopefully regear so I can mke 1/4 mile passes.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:21 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

New main bearings, (oil control issues when stopping), new Champ oil pan, different accumulator, new C&R radiator (moving to the back of car), adding vacuum pump, changing to super mini alternator from Shogun, Meziere block mount water pump instead of remote pump w/Shogun crossover combo, install vacuum guage, making a four link change, adding a wide band O2 meter, changing to carb with screw in bleeds, adding linkage SLE, adding cable in cockpit running to main cutoff switch, built a new set of valve covers (old set had breather holes). Other than that not too much new this year.

Curtis
Old 02-10-2009, 04:39 AM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

Finally getting the Vette painted. Going to Tucson to the divisional in March. Looking forward to WARM!
The rest of the car is ready to go with no changes after winning the Superquick class championship at my hometrack......
Old 02-10-2009, 06:17 AM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

The only thing i'm doing to the nova is changing the converter to a new BTE soft hit went up on the stahl from 5500 to 6000 and I'm going to move the four link bars one hole to try to take some hit out of it.

If the weather holds out we should be racing in a couple more weeks.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:25 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

gone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -