Help

Old 02-05-2009, 11:12 AM
misslung
SHOW GUEST

Default Help

Hi,

My grandpa recently passed away and my mother and I are going to be selling his race car. The car is a 1964 Ford Fairlane which he bought brand new off the lot and then turned it into a drag car. I believe it runs off alcohol now and its all computerized. My mother and I have no idea where to start in selling this. We know it has value but don’t know exactly how much value. We have a tone of extras also, 2 engines, parts, tires, trailer, etc. Is there any advice you can give us on how to go about this. I loved your website and it looked like it would be a good fit to post the car but I don’t even know what price to sell it at. Please Help!
Old 02-05-2009, 11:43 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Photos and lots of them !
Clear, close up, and a couple of different angles of each item. Do a walk around of the car including the under carriage, suspension, interior, engine compartment, trunk, etc.. lots of pics. Post them on a photo hosting site like 'Photobucket' and then post a link to them on here when ready. There are a bunch of genuinely honest and knowledgeable racers here who can give you a ton of advise on item worth and saleability.

You might even post a preview pic of the car here while you are posting the rest on a photo hosting site, to tickle some interest.

WARNING !! DO NOT make or secure ANY deals until you gather advise for dealing with unscrupulous buyers and scammers !! HERE is an EXCELLENT clearing house for that particular subject... I cannot stress this enough !!!

LOTS of help available here !! Make use of it PLEASE !!
Old 02-05-2009, 11:48 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I also suugest opening a racing junk account, list all that you know about the car and place all the pictures you can in the gallery. repost the same question on here again and link it to your account. you should be able to get some real honest feedback from people.

Chris
Old 02-06-2009, 08:04 AM
ashtrak
MASTER BUILDER

Also if it's not too hard try to locate some of your grandfathers close racing friends. they may be able to help you into telling what you have and value you may get. Be patient, Don't be in a real hurry and collect as much information as you can. Like the others said clear closeup pics are worth a 1000 words.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:47 AM
hotrodharley
EXPERT BUILDER

GIVE US A ROUGH LOCATION WHERE YOU LIVE..THIS WAY THERE MAY BE SOMEONE ON THIS SITE THAT CAN PM YOU AND MAKE ARRANGEMENT TO COME AND LOOK AT CAR AND HELP YOU WITH DETAILS OF WHAT YOU HAVE..IF CLOSE TO ME I'D BE GLAD TO COME OVER AND HELP YOU DETERM WHAT YOU HAVE.GIVE US A TOWN AND STATE.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:28 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Because this site is trolled by less than desireable individuals, I HIGHLY suggest you ONLY PM your street address. NEVER NEVER NEVER give that info out on a public forum as this.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:57 PM
hotrodharley
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD
Because this site is trolled by less than desireable individuals, I HIGHLY suggest you ONLY PM your street address. NEVER NEVER NEVER give that info out on a public forum as this.

didn't ask for his address..i ask if he would list his town and state then maybe a member on here lives close enough for him to pm him and could agree then to meet and maybe help him determ what he has;;I DID NOT ASK HIM FOR ADDRESS..YOU SHOULD READ COMPLETE POST BEFORE RUNNING YOUR MOUTH..I'M NOT AFTER HIM TO STILL CAR AS YOU MAKE IT SOUND;;;READ POST FIRST BEFOR POST REPLY'S
ENOUGH SAID
Old 02-06-2009, 04:21 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Easy there old son.....Just emphesizing for the original poster.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:11 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

misslung-

Howdy. Sorry to hear about your granpa's passing. God bless you & your family... there are some great people here who can help you. That may be a special car your g-pa had...

About the car... lets make sure that you do not give it away... who knows how much it is really worth right now. Being it is a original one owner car & we know very little, small detials may be important. it could be a real nastolgic find including some neat history. Make sure all documents realating to the car go w/ it... reciepts, original dealer info, pic's etc. I agree w/ Harbone & Ashtrak... set up an account here & get in touch w/ any of his old drag buddies.

Double-d & Hotrodharley... it's ok, you both are trying to help her. I don't think D/D was trying to insult you Hharley. You both could help her & you guys are both good people. I have taken alot of posts on here wrong latley myself- it has caused some "heated" debates... but I hope we can all try to understand each other better. This is sometimes the problem w/ words... posts... we can be misunderstood & we have no tone here. Scooter
Old 02-07-2009, 10:46 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Rigsby,
I hear that! I can't figure out if its the winter time, cabin fever or both but I need to get out and do something instead of staring at this computer!!

Misslung,
Just post some pics on the forum, more detailed the better. If it was my Gpa's car I would NEVER sell it, pass it on to the next generation cause that ones a keeper!!

Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -