What's wrong with some people....................

Old 01-30-2009, 05:44 PM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Default What's wrong with some people....................

This guy from Apex, NC calls me up this past Wed. afternoon wanting to buy my new Victor 2975 intake I have for sale. We talked a few minutes, he seemed on the up and up. He asked me to take it to the post office and get a shipping price and he would add it to the already low price of $150 (subliminal message :wink that I am asking. We agreed I would call in the morning with the total cost, which was $168 inc. insurance and a tracking number and he would send me the money right away.

What do I get for my troubles and attempt to be a reliable seller?

"Uh, hey man I am at work right now. Besides, I need to see how much money I can come up with".

WTH :!: :!: The clown made a DEAL with me, otherwise I would have never had said a word about it.

Now I know that in the words alone mean very little. I certainly wish you could have heard his tone, it was as if I was bothering an important man with the weight of the world on his shoulders.

Look polecat, you know who you are, it was piss poor to do a man like that. It only gets your name added to "my list". Should I drop the price on the intake any further, Mr. Apex, NC man, it is still $168 to you.

Needless to say, I do not think I will hear from him. I am not going to mention his name simply because nobody lost any money or parts. I just lost a little time and a little more confidence in the word of a man.

Sorry it was so long, just needed to get it off my chest :!: :evil: :evil:
Old 01-30-2009, 06:39 PM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

man that is a good price new, it's a shame he wasted your time,
you should see the stuff i bought and never used, too bad you
can't charge him for lost time :?
Old 01-30-2009, 07:30 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Rudy it is like that old saying, ''Show me da money first'' people shouldn't commit to anything unless they are sure :!: :!:

'' JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
Old 01-30-2009, 07:35 PM
chrisr
MASTER BUILDER

I would never ask anyone to go to the trouble of finding out any info or even call them on a product unless I had the money before hand, it just makes no sense and wastes your time. :evil:
Old 01-30-2009, 07:43 PM
EXPERT BUILDER

I don't know man, I have responded to a couple ads lately and it's like it pees them off that somebody would ask a question :? When I am spending 15-20 grand, I may have a question or two! Anyway, I think we have all kinds here. Just keep on doing what you say and saying what you'll do and it will be alright
Old 01-30-2009, 08:11 PM
chrisr
MASTER BUILDER

Default 482

Now that is totally different. If you have the money to buy something you should be able to ask away. If they want to sell it and are on the up and up with their product then they should have no problem answering your questions.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:15 PM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Has nothing to do with answering questions or product quality. The deal was agreed upon, all questions asked and answered. It was a struck deal that a man wasn't really ready to go through is all.

482 Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:43 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know man, I have responded to a couple ads lately and it's like it pees them off that somebody would ask a question When I am spending 15-20 grand, I may have a question or two! Anyway, I think we have all kinds here. Just keep on doing what you say and saying what you'll do and it will be alright

Hollowayshotrods:
It is always alright with me my friend! I welcome all questions and will answer them immediately. I am not sure just how your post is related to my thread on being stood up, but I do agree that lots of people act pissed if you ask too many questions! BTW-I wish I had $15-$20k to spend!
Old 01-30-2009, 09:42 PM
EXPERT BUILDER

I was referring to his attitude when you said it was as if you were bothering an important man. That's the main thing I was trying to get across when I said we have all kinds on here. Sorry for the confusion, I'll shut up now! ops:
Old 01-31-2009, 12:37 AM
cbtlr
SENIOR BUILDER

Bottom line.If you dont have the funds or looking for a better deal.Do not contact the seller.Best not to waste others time.Deal is done,its done by all means.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:18 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by 482
I was referring to his attitude when you said it was as if you were bothering an important man. That's the main thing I was trying to get across when I said we have all kinds on here. Sorry for the confusion, I'll shut up now! ops:
Hey my friend, no need to shut up about it. I appreciate your thoughts 482. I re-read my post and see where it could be taken as slightly smart alecky, that WAS NOT my intent. Without being able to hear the tone in a persons voice, it is at times, hard to determine what is smart butt and what is not. Thanks again for your thoughts 482, keep on posting, we like good folks around here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -