Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: bird or terminator or carb on gas ??????

Junior Member APPRENTICE

bird or terminator or carb on gas ??????

i run a 582 bbc 15 to 1 rfd edelbrock 24 in 1900 lb dragster i've used the bird injection in the past on a smaller 540 steel headed bbc but looking at the terminator or carb on gas or back to the hat set up.really having a problem deciding.which would be Faster which whould be more Consistant any info would be great thanks jeff

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    I havea 582 in my dragster, always been a huge APD alky carb fan, got this setup turnkey with a terminator from James Monroe and its deadly.
    A carb will be slower then the injection .05-.10 sometimes more. A 582 conv headed motor is a basic tuneup for the terminator and James would hit the nail on the head from the get go. I know he did a 582 with the rfd heads on it this year from a fellow racer nailed that tune up. www.killerrons.com

Good luck with whatever you choice, @ 1900lbs that setup should get it.
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

I've ran both and perfer the hat myself. Once your set up it isn't too hard to change a pill,

I'm out in left field on this one, if i had the motor i would just have to put this set of 3" Crower stacks with alcohol on it that i have.

Zip.

Junior Member APPRENTICE
    thanks for all the info. i had the motor out bout 12 passes last year late i put a bone stock 1150 on gas just to break it in at 28 degrees timing it ran 5.04 138 the next pass i put it to 36 degrees it ran 4.91 at 141.67, i tell ya love the rfd heads curtis knows his stuff the motor was just off the trailer on the 12 th pass i wrecked saved the motor i just went thru it put oliver billets in it changed rings bearings all ready to go again.! i just want to put the best induction on it that will use all the motors horsepower thats it built for. i love alky and i think a terminator is going to be the way to go. thanks again jeff

Junior Member APPRENTICE
    another thing i was thinking about is putting a small fogger on it once i get everything figured out but i've run blown alky brfore but never nos. i heard it's not too good or easy to run with alky. any info on this would be great thanks jeff

Jeff its actually very easy to run nitrous with the alky, I run a plate system on mine 50 to 300hp setup. Never ran a fogger but the plate is simple, its a alky enriched instead of gas so that makes it easier. Nitrous Express has a good handle on alky setups.

You'll be mighty suprised in the difference in et between that bone stock 1150 and the terminator. I dyno'd my motor with the terminator but had a 1250 Rupert (motor shops carb) on it first big difference across the board. You should be a 4.70's car easily enough.
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

Junior Member APPRENTICE
    4.70's would be great i hope to get the motor on the dyno should make some good power i 'm shooting for 1,000 hp . right now back halfing my "new"97 s&w 4-link to bring into the 21st century last years car was an old hardtail. jeff

I'd bet you make over 1000hp, mine was what id call a pump gas friendly 582 converted to alky and it made 965 without the vac pump. This winter I changed compression, rod combo and bet it makes 1000.

Yours with 15:1 comp, the rfd heads, with the right cam with a terminator should go 1050. Mine weighs 1965lbs with me in it 965hp went [email protected], the year before as a hardtail same combo it went [email protected] Converter is key to get them to ET.
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

Junior Member APPRENTICE
    i run a bullet cam 864 lift int 800 ext with t&d 1.8/1.7 shafts and a star vac. pump i'd really love to get on a dyno !!!