Parachute mounting

Old 01-28-2009, 10:39 AM
superstreeter
SENIOR BUILDER

Default Parachute mounting

Not sure this question is in the right catagory, but here gos anyway...I haven`t found much info on mounting a chute to the rear of a car, and I only want to do this once,,I have a 2nd gen F body, (75 firebird) and I need to mount a chute this year, I want to keep it simple, and hopefully never need to use it, but I still have to mount it, rules, rules, rules. lol. so any good mounting ideas, I dont want to cut up the back bumper much if I dont need to,,and I`m not positively sure were I have to mount the strap for the chute to be legal. I`m open to all ideas, lots of good ones out there, and lots of guys with lots of time on their hands right now..lol
Old 01-28-2009, 12:18 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

The rule book SEZ.

Zip.

click to enlarge
Old 01-28-2009, 12:35 PM
superstreeter
SENIOR BUILDER

ya, I read all that, and it does say how they would like to see the cable mounted, but no where does it say how they would like to see the chute mounted,,a guy could just wrap it around the bumper ...lol
Old 01-28-2009, 02:53 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

No actually the chute should be mounted to the center of the rearend housing, and you have to use a bolt not a quick release pin. Mine is mounted to the back brace of the fab 9" housing useing 1/4" plates and a 3/4"X 16 fine thread bolt with nylok nut.

Zip.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:08 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

HUH--------------------HOW ARE YOU DOING THAT ON A DOOR CAR--YOU CAN't GET TO MY REAR HOUSING THRU THE BODY???????
LIVELY
Old 01-28-2009, 03:40 PM
superstreeter
SENIOR BUILDER

is anyone else mounting to the rear housing ? I thought that was just for roadsters and altereds and stuff.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:29 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Works on mine but then mine is an Anglia and the rear end is not far from the back of the car.
But here is a picture of a Regal mount. But i suspect it's attached to the housing.

Zip

Click to enlarge
Old 01-28-2009, 06:36 PM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Zip, can you send me a pic of the page where they revised rear engine dragster cages with the additional bars around the main cage? Thanks
Old 01-28-2009, 08:31 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by kwkracing
Hey Zip, can you send me a pic of the page where they revised rear engine dragster cages with the additional bars around the main cage? Thanks
The book might not show what you are looking for but here is the specs. for the rear engine dragster.

Zip.

click to enlarge

Old 01-28-2009, 08:44 PM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

Thank you, it was exactly what i needed! i have to go pick up some chromoly to update my cage now......lol i love how i have to turn the monitor side ways to look at those pics.

Thanks, again!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -