ANYBODY MAKE CHASSIS EXIT HEADERS FOR 82-93 S10 WITH 18 DEGR

Old 01-20-2009, 10:39 AM
gnpowermasters
SHOW GUEST

Default ANYBODY MAKE CHASSIS EXIT HEADERS FOR 82-93 S10 WITH 18 DEGR

I HAVE AN 88 CHEVY S10, WHICH I AM CURRENTLY INSTALLING A DART 18 DEGREE SBC. I CURRENTLY HAVE A SET OF HEDMAN HUSLER 1 3/4 HEADERS WITH 23 DEG FLANGE. B&B MAKE AN ADAPTER BUT I WAS TOLD IT WILL RESTRICT THE MOTOR HEAVILY.

HEDMAN DOES MAKE A 2" 18 DEGREE FENDERWELL, BUT THIS IS A STREET TRUCK, AND HAVE THE KEEP THE FULL EXHAUST.

I PRETTY MUCH WANT TO BAKE MY CAKE AND EAT IT TO, LOL. CAN ANYBODY RECCOMEND TO ME A PRODUCT OTHER THAN CUSTOM MADE???

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
MIKE
Old 01-20-2009, 11:01 AM
TopspeedLowet
DYNO OPERATOR

If your new heads do not have a stahl pattern and still use the O.E. bolt pattern (some do) The pipes you have at 1.75 are right on unless you are planing to blow a bunch of NO2 at it. The 2" primary's will kill the bottom end especially in your heavy truck. No matter how light you think it is, 1800# is light for reference. The angle that the pipes bolt to the head is slightly different and the bolt centers are about .25" wider outer and .625 wider between the inner pipes on the 18 deg. This bolt center difference requires the pipes to be cut loose from the flange then replaced with the correct flange and re welded if you are a welder fitter guy. The ports can be matched up at this point with a die grinder to clear the roof in the port, by .060" is nice. I would NOT try to find 2" primary pipes for your application. Look for the primary's to be a little longer than 33" for 7600 RPM or less average. If you can get a long collector say 18" long you will get the bottom end stronger with out side effects in your heavy application. Check what mis alignment you may have in the port with the new flange before you start. The aftermarket head layouts on exhaust port locations are like snow flakes no matter who makes them due to the frequent updating that is done easily through CNC programs and the ease of casting changes if they are not CNC ported. There is not a simple answer for your question due to the many variations that exist in each persons engine location and compartment restrictions. 18 degree heads were not thunk when that truck was designed much less a V8 in it.
I hope this helps you see where you need to go to get to the next step.
Good luck racing in 09
See ad(header help) for more instruction on flange fit up.