Forum Posting Suggestion

Old 01-12-2009, 03:09 PM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Default Forum Posting Suggestion

I have noted recently that some of the posters on this forum engage in some pretty heated exchanges- are called out, proven wrong, or simply make themselves look like idiots, then slither back onto the forum and edit out their posts or replace them with random characters.

This makes the thread look odd and lets them cover the tracks of their behavior so to speak. What does this mean?

It means that this forum is becoming a recognized checkpoint for RJ buyers and they (those deleting their posts) dont want their behavior to hurt their sales.

Now while I believe we generally all subscribe to the concept of forgiveness, that does not mean that some that someone should cover their tracks. Be a man and acknowledge what you say or do and if necessary apologize.

So here is my suggestion- always imprint a response to an involved party on the forum with a quote reply- This allows everyones commentary to be etched in stone and it eliminates the ability for people on this forum to eliminate their posts.

If you have the guts to say it-stand behind it.

My two cents plus interest,

Scorp
Old 01-12-2009, 05:02 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

Or limit the time that you can edit to a couple of hours or so...
Old 01-12-2009, 05:19 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

HEY ! How about getting Dr Phil to work up a psychological test form we all fill out to weed out the nut jobs and grade schoolers :roll: :shock: :lol: ops: :shock: :shock:
Old 01-12-2009, 05:26 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Well said ''Scorp''
Old 01-12-2009, 05:29 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

x2 scorp
Old 01-12-2009, 10:24 PM
lano
JUNIOR BUILDER

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:09 am Post subject: Forum Posting Suggestion

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have noted recently that some of the posters on this forum engage in some pretty heated exchanges- are called out, proven wrong, or simply make themselves look like idiots, then slither back onto the forum and edit out their posts or replace them with random characters.

This makes the thread look odd and lets them cover the tracks of their behavior so to speak. What does this mean?

It means that this forum is becoming a recognized checkpoint for RJ buyers and they (those deleting their posts) dont want their behavior to hurt their sales.

Now while I believe we generally all subscribe to the concept of forgiveness, that does not mean that some that someone should cover their tracks. Be a man and acknowledge what you say or do and if necessary apologize.

So here is my suggestion- always imprint a response to an involved party on the forum with a quote reply- This allows everyones commentary to be etched in stone and it eliminates the ability for people on this forum to eliminate their posts.

Scorp
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like This.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:53 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

i agree 100%!!!!!! with you scorpion.do you think dr. phil would help us? lol
Old 01-13-2009, 04:44 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I see a lot of it getting out of hand. On the other side when its crappy outside and cash flow is low so working on the car is not an option its like a soap opera on here! Grab a blanket, some hot cocoa or a cold beer, snuggle up the monitor and see what happens...
Old 01-13-2009, 05:09 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Default Dr. Phil

Originally Posted by outlaw256
i agree 100%!!!!!! with you scorpion.do you think dr. phil would help us? lol
He might but he's probably too busy working on his car
Old 01-13-2009, 05:33 PM
gsforless
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Re: Forum Posting Suggestion

Originally Posted by Scorpion1110

Scorp

That is about the best idea I've seen here...ever!!

Glen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -