FUEL CELL??????

Old 01-11-2009, 06:20 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

Default FUEL CELL??????

I AM GETTING TO THE TIME FOR A FUEL CELL FOR MY RANCHERO[15 GALLON] :shock: :shock:
IT WILL BE MAINLY STREET BUT MAKE THE OCCASSIONAL BLAST DOWN THE 1/8 MILE[SOMEWHERE IN THE MID TO LOW 6.00'S]
8) 8)
WHAT TYPE OF FUEL CELL DO YOU GUYS RECCOMEND[ALUMINUM/[PLASTIC-WHICH I REALLY THINK IS UGLY]IT WILL SHOW TOP AND BOTTOM---STEEL??-----OR WHAT???
IT HAS TO PASS TECH BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR/?
IF I BOUGHT ONE THAT RAN ALCOHOL BEFORE WOULD THAT BE A PROBLEM :x :x
FOAM OR NO FOAM INSIDE???
HELP
LIVELY
Old 01-11-2009, 06:35 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

My street car has a jaz in it 10 gal with sending unit.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:14 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I'm going with an alum and mounting it in the bed of my 1998 Sonoma stepside. They also come with a GM sending unit and don't cost that much more than a plastic one. I don't think they come with foam however, especially the one with the sending unit.

Summit has them in all sizes up to 20 gal. the 10 gal has foam, @ $165.00, the 15 gal has foam and 90 ohm sending unit @ $249.00

Zip.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:29 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

lively, we used a plastic with foam and gm sending unit in our nova. on the street the foam does cut down on the sloshing fuel arond in the cell which will happen every time u turn the car . i used the plastic because if i get hit n the ass there is a better chance of it bending out of shape than tearing like a metal cell. that one i have seen with my red beady eyes. by the way i prefer gm but i love that ranchero. i just traded for a 53 ranchwagon with a 383 chevy. thought about turning it into a gasser but im building a gasser right now . a glass 41 willys. good luck on your build!! ken
Old 01-13-2009, 01:56 PM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Hey lively, Dennis at Crossbones Motorsports here. We spoke at Coles County Dragway this fall. I sell RCI Fuel cells. When you decide on what you want let me know. I'll set you up with the best price I can.

Are you going to their swap meet in Mattoon?

http://www.colescountydragwayusa.com/swapmeetflyer.htm
Old 01-13-2009, 03:04 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

YEP-----------I HOPE TO BE THERE WITH MY WHEELING-DEALING SMILE ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2009, 05:39 AM
twobad1
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

most start w/plastic & end up with alum.a lot of sumps r the same so dont cut too much
Old 01-28-2009, 01:38 PM
schwind1000
SHOW GUEST

Default Fuel Cell

I"m selling a nice 15 gal Aluminum one with foam that I'm not going to use and it already has a auto meter sending unit and gage. If interested you can E-Mail me [email protected] and I can send you some pics. Dennis
Old 01-29-2009, 05:31 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Steel can - plastic cell - internal foam, MINIMUM .

In open road racing in the unlimited class we are REQUIRED to use a fuel BLADDER system. My 24 gal Fuel Safe was 8 bills but will NOT break open when seriously deformed.