Contingency Companys

Old 01-10-2009, 10:13 AM
et7333
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Contingency Companys

I received a phone call from my Sponsor,who was at the PRI Show at the time,and he asked me if I had received my check from his company for a race I had won the month of November.I told him his was the second check I had received,K&N was the first,and it took only three weeks for his check to reach my mail box.He was unhappy with the association that I had won the race at, because he had received the list of winners for the last FOUR MONTHS of events,the week before I received my check.He explained to the owner of the association that he wanted the results sent to him the day or two after the race so he could mail the winner and r/up checks the very next day.His point on the matter is, he feels the LATE CHECK ARRIVAL reflects on his company and he feels his customers are not getting the service they deserve.He offers great customer service with his company and APPRECIATES ALL his customers.MY POINT is WHY don't ALL Companys have this attitude.I read on here and else where that the economy sucks and yet there are businesses that are surviving and they rely on our dollars to make it.
My question to you racers; would you spend your hard earned dollars with a company that offers great customer service and a great product or spend your money with a company that offers so so or no customer service and a cheaper price,since the value of the dollar is so important these days?
I also would like to know what we,as racers and customers,can do to get these companys to pay the Contingency checks in a reasonable amount of time.We pay for the products immediately,so why can't they pay ASAP.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:21 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Sounds like a good place to do business

This years list of places giving money back has shrank from past years for sure, just glad there is still some out there. I dont care if I have to wait 4-5 months to get it its free money back IMO just glad they do it
Old 01-11-2009, 07:51 AM
et7333
EXPERT BUILDER

I've been a racer for over thirty years and have bought alot of parts throughout the years.That being said ,I ALWAYS buy parts from a Contingency Company that sells quality parts.I run my racing as a business and this is a good return for my business bank account.
I really think Contingency Companys would be better off having their own IN-HOUSE Program.The company wouldn't have to pay the fees that the associations charge and they could deal directly with their customers.I know my Sponsor's business has done VERY WELL,including now during these poor economic times.He always renews with NHRA and some of the other associations and he tells me every year we renew my contract that he makes money off the Contingency programs by selling product.I think this mentioned business etiquette and customer service is a win win sititutation for both the racer and sponsor.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:06 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

I've thought about doing my own in house contingency program. Just though here, some of the other sites I hang out on, and my actuall store web site. I'm a small business. I can't afford to give alot away. I don't want to sound cheesy with my offer. What's common with the programs now. I was thinking some thing like win an event with a crossbonesmotorsports.com decal on your car and get 10% off a purchase. Maybe $25 off a new helmet. I don't know. Just some ideas.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:03 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by slowmotion
I've thought about doing my own in house contingency program. Just though here, some of the other sites I hang out on, and my actuall store web site. I'm a small business. I can't afford to give alot away. I don't want to sound cheesy with my offer. What's common with the programs now. I was thinking some thing like win an event with a crossbonesmotorsports.com decal on your car and get 10% off a purchase. Maybe $25 off a new helmet. I don't know. Just some ideas.

I say anything is better then nothing, if you can afford as a company to give 10% off next purchase then thats good enough.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:10 AM
daddylynch
SENIOR BUILDER

We pay contingency's on our radio systems.We do $50.00 for a winner and $25.00 for a runner up. Not a big amount but does help generate more business.We offer our Contingency's at all PSCA AND ORSCA events. We may expand it to some other races this year.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:03 PM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by daddylynch
We pay contingency's on our radio systems.We do $50.00 for a winner and $25.00 for a runner up. Not a big amount but does help generate more business.We offer our Contingency's at all PSCA AND ORSCA events. We may expand it to some other races this year.
Is that $50 tward any purchase? If a guy wins 2 events can he use the $100 at one time?

I'd like to do something like that but I don't move enough product to cover the cost. I guess I could start small and work my way up as the business grows.
Being a racer myself I know every little bit helps.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:54 PM
daddylynch
SENIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by slowmotion
Originally Posted by daddylynch
Is that $50 tward any purchase? If a guy wins 2 events can he use the $100 at one time?

I'd like to do something like that but I don't move enough product to cover the cost. I guess I could start small and work my way up as the business grows.
Being a racer myself I know every little bit helps.
I dont restrict how they use it. If they win all 9 events that year then they have $450.00 to use. I do however stipulate that it has to be used before the next season starts, simply for book keeping purposes and the idea to gain business out of the contingency as fast as possible.