Strange or Moser

Old 01-05-2009, 07:01 PM
chrisFT
SHOW GUEST

Default Strange or Moser

I am looking to buy axles, a spool, and c-clip eliminators, but I do not know which maker to go with. What would you recommend?
Old 01-05-2009, 07:08 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Have used Moser every chance I get, good people to deal with. And give back to racer
Old 01-05-2009, 10:03 PM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

I like Strange better. Their axles are a much better looking piece, that and I don't care for the way moser screwed over all the small dealers when they changed their policies several years ago.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:28 AM
Racefab57
DYNO OPERATOR

I ve had trouble with Moser,NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! DR.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:58 AM
TopspeedLowet
DYNO OPERATOR

If you are not trying to get the least expensive product. Mark Williams is by far superior to the two you mentioned. They have never let me down over 15+ purchases for the past 20 years. Strange would be my second choice.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:05 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Moser is what we are currently using. Have used strange as well. Overall, Moser has given a little better customer support to us. I purchased thru Josh King at Autofab.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:04 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I think all 3 are good, but i've found in the past and present (IF) you can buy direct from the manufacturer you will get better service from them, where as if you buy from a dealer/supplier especialy on hard parts you sometimes get the run around. You may pay a couple dollars more, but to me the service is worth the extra bucks.

JMO

Zip.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:16 PM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

Strange 100 percent!
Old 01-06-2009, 02:29 PM
chrisFT
SHOW GUEST

Thanks guys I appreiate the help its just a hard decision for me. Besides customer service y'all ever had problems with either
Old 01-09-2009, 02:28 PM
elkymann
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Aall about money

I have the Moser 30/31 (memory is gone) splined axles in my 12 bolt now, and I have noticed from a previous buy of a complete 12 bolt setup that the Moser axle splines have twisted just a little bit at the spool spline area, but then again, too much torque was applied, so go to the Moser site and look for the axle torque guide for the correct axle spline size and count for your aplication. So far my axles and spool are in good condition in a 3600lb elky running 9.90's on a 10.5 tire.
If, you have the cash, Strange is a good axle company, but Mark Williams if the best hands down, best material, best support, and best price for the best parts you will be buying.
Depending on what your power output is, and your torque, is the final calculation you need for a choice of axle. Remember this, the more power you add to it, the more axle you need, and if you buy the best, or 2nd best, you can always apply more power to what you have just baught.

If street driven and strip driven, it's your call on how large your wallet is, but it is all based of weight of vehicle and torque your engine has vs. what the chassis is setup to handle. Do your homework and spend the money for what you need and where you want to be with power levels, that way, it is one more variable less, to worry about in that final round of racing on that day you get to the final round!!!!

Money supports your power levels, and buy accordingly. My 2 cents worth.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -