Non Racing Topic

Old 01-04-2009, 01:34 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Non Racing Topic

Hey guys, getting hitched in early April, the soon to be and I are looking for a decent place to take a honeymoon. I dont fly or ride on boats so looking to drive somewhere. Dont want it to be one of these high end places just a nice place with some things to do around. Been looking on the www but havent found much so thought Id come here.

thanks for the help and ideas
Old 01-04-2009, 01:38 PM
hotrodharley
EXPERT BUILDER

can't help on a place to go but do want to CONGRATS TO THE BOTH OF YOU
Old 01-04-2009, 01:40 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Dave, I said too that I never would fly. Well, that changed. I love the acceleration of take off and once you get up in the air, you can distract yourself with a video game, Ipod or alcohol!!! It is not that bad, trust me. There are plenty of drivable spots. Niagra Falls, the beaches on the east coast, great places to hit in Tenessee like Nashville and Gattlingsburg or go north into Canada.

Oh yeah... Congrats and remember, do not lock your knees when standing at the alter!!!
Old 01-04-2009, 01:42 PM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Absolutely David, Congrats!!!
Old 01-04-2009, 01:43 PM
itsabird
RACING JUNKIE

congrats, i would take a look at gatlinberg tn, should be nice that time of year.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:53 PM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Another one bites the dust!

Congrats!!
Old 01-04-2009, 02:46 PM
michael1
MASTER BUILDER

Dave, I said I would never fly then I had to and believe me it is not bad. I've only been to 2 places by plane but it was pretty awesome. You really need to consider it because it would give you many more options not to mention how much less time just driving. Whatever you decide to do have fun and be safe. Congratulations to you and yours.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:53 PM
robsbird
JUNIOR BUILDER

:arrow: as close to niagra as you are, you might think about that, get a motel overlooking the falls. Im only 25 min. from gatlinburg, tn. we go often, its usually just lots of people walking up and down the streets. lots of small shops and thing to do. there is jewelry, clothing, shoes, candy shops etc. but not to expensive. they have an aquarium there if you have never been to one. you walk under many type of fish like huge shark, sting ray, plus fresh water fish, etc. If you just wate until you get there you can look around for a motel. april 16-19 pigeon forge has a rod run at the grand motel pigeon forge is just a couple of miles from gatlinburg. there both on hwy 66. not a lot of tourist in april., motels are cheeper through the week the prices are advertised on the motel billboard. : : congrats. by the way i've been married for 29 happy years. we started in church and we were in church today with two of my three sons and there wives, and 2 grand sons 7mo. and 27 mo. :?:
Old 01-04-2009, 03:07 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I with the masses on this one, Pidgenforge/Gatlinburg is a great place to honeymoon, lot's of things to do, a few old car and performance museums, in fact up until last yr. we always had a family camp out at Frozen Head State park for 3 or 4 days. Beautiful area over there and we always spend one day going to Gatlinburg, but hold on too your wallet, your new bride could take away your racing budget for 2009.

And Congrats.

Zip.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:48 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Congrats David, wish you the best. Oh i hope she likes racin'

Good Luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -