License recognition

Old 01-02-2009, 09:38 PM
kod99
MASTER BUILDER

Default License recognition

I plan on taking Frank Hawley's Drag Racing School this spring and during the course I will get my NHRA license. Will the IHRA recognize the NHRA license and issue an IHRA license, or do I have to jump through more hoops to get an IHRA license?
Old 01-02-2009, 10:41 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: License recognition

Originally Posted by kod99
I plan on taking Frank Hawley's Drag Racing School this spring and during the course I will get my NHRA license. Will the IHRA recognize the NHRA license and issue an IHRA license, or do I have to jump through more hoops to get an IHRA license?
Depends what class you want to run with them. Typically just call ihra pay them dont need to do anything.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:23 AM
kod99
MASTER BUILDER

Default Re: License recognition

Originally Posted by kod99
David,
I plan on running in Super Comp and will drive Hawley's Super Comp Dragster to get NHRA licensed. Will a call to IHRA get me the comparable IHRA license? Or will I have to drive again for the IHRA?
Old 01-03-2009, 06:37 AM
denn468
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

most tracks will accept the nhra, if your bracket racing but if you run a nationel event you need to be a member. you can do a crossover liscense just go to a ihra track show them your nhra comp liscense then they will fill out your registration for ihra with no test runs being made.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:24 AM
kod99
MASTER BUILDER

Thanks for your help guys! I appreciate it.