Drag Racers looking for good deals on parts.

Old 12-28-2008, 12:31 PM
jcoetzee
APPRENTICE

Default Drag Racers looking for good deals on parts.

Hey, I am an exporter and whole saler and was wondering if there were some guys out there who raced that needed parts, and would like to get some good prices. i know times are rough and would hate for the sport to be hurt. i have access to hundreds of brands and if i dont have them yet i can get them. the only thing i will required is some proof that you have a drag car or hot rod of some sort, im not a retail shop so im not looking for a ton of business this way, just a way to hel ease the cost of racing, message me if you have any interest, or email me

[email protected]
Old 12-29-2008, 02:15 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Howdy Joe,

Shoot me some prices... tell me what you can do. I need: Holley or Mallory/equivlent bypass regulator, (2) Flo-Master 40 Deltas 3" in & out, Metering gaskets for 950HP Quickfuel & bowl gaskets, one needle & seat for the same (primary), I need a TH350 (not chrome plated), preferrably aluminum/mag oil pan/ gasket & it must have a bung for trans temp. I need 10 quarts of Brad Penn oil (Racing 20/50). I need a quality oil filter for a remote style system i think it had a PH8?? (I will confirm). I am sure I am forgetting a few things, but I will have to review my list. I have a 69 Camaro BBC car raced in Woodburn, OR. Do you need a pic or proof of title or something?
Old 12-30-2008, 03:06 AM
jcoetzee
APPRENTICE

ummm....send me a pic to my email, review your list, look around and give me part numbers if you can so i get the exact part you want, i will also find the parts too. i will get on the prices for you.

[email protected]
Old 12-30-2008, 03:20 AM
jcoetzee
APPRENTICE

yeah it be alot better if you can give me part numbers....just to be specific ya know, summit partnumber and jegs all work fine. go threw what it is you are looking for and email me the list.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:59 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

1st: Thanks, but I just got a 50.00 off cupon from Summit (good through 2/5/09) & a some gift cards in the mail from family too... so I am going to use them up.

2nd: I need the parts & I need them quickly. I do not need or have time to prove anything to anyone when I am a paying customer. Look, I have the car & I need the parts, what else do you want? I am ready, willing & able... I wanted to see comparable pricing... not work on a list & part #'s & then see if you can save a few bucks... seems like a waste of time.

3rd, no offense, but if I order through Summit, I get the parts, they are in stock most of time, & they are not scamming me. I have no idea who you are... as of now, I don't really know if you can save me any money or not.. much less guarantee I will get the goods. Good luck.
Old 12-30-2008, 02:51 PM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Rigsby
1st: Thanks, but I just got a 50.00 off cupon from Summit (good through 2/5/09) & a some gift cards in the mail from family too... so I am going to use them up.

2nd: I need the parts & I need them quickly. I do not need or have time to prove anything to anyone when I am a paying customer. Look, I have the car & I need the parts, what else do you want? I am ready, willing & able... I wanted to see comparable pricing... not work on a list & part #'s & then see if you can save a few bucks... seems like a waste of time.

3rd, no offense, but if I order through Summit, I get the parts, they are in stock most of time, & they are not scamming me. I have no idea who you are... as of now, I don't really know if you can save me any money or not.. much less guarantee I will get the goods. Good luck.

XXXX2 8) 8)
Old 12-30-2008, 03:30 PM
jcoetzee
APPRENTICE

eh i understand where you are coming from, but how can i give you a price on something that i dont even know what exactly it is you want, it will take you 5 min to write doen a few part numbers, why part numbers instead of just telling me, well simple...its the exact product you want. i do happen to get some of my parts from summit as well, i do have a wholesale account with them(atechmotorsports) anyways, i can understand where you are coming from but if it is way to much trouble to send a pic in an email so that i know you are a drag racer who does spend alot of money in the motorsport industry then....sorry i guess you are very busy, i dont want to give great deals to some kid with a civic...ya know what i mean...or....someone who sells products on ebay, see where im going, but you just keep paying that retail or jobber and have you a good season. had you send an email or wanted to do business i could have given you a phone number and even if you wanted refrences i could give you those. i understand that we live in a world of people who like stealing money, there is no real way of making you feel any different about myself. i just though one day that instead of just shipping all the parts i buy as en exporter i can pass the savings on to guys who i know use these parts, not even hard parts, fuel jugs anything....let me know if i could have done something different, this is not what i do, i export, the only way i figured to try get the word out is this way.

thanks
Old 12-30-2008, 03:50 PM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Hey, How about spending the money to get a dealer account with RJ like the rest of us that sell parts.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:26 PM
jcoetzee
APPRENTICE

wow......seems like it was a bad idea, sorry i intruded
Old 12-30-2008, 08:32 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

jcoeteze:

I did not mean to sound harsh... not my intention. I frequent this place enough to witness to many good people who get scammed... It kills me how much of it goes on. I understand "jobber" & wholesale markup; VS retail etc... you have a good point too. I don't think you are a bad guy.

I am not a very expierenced drag racer, but I do it & love it. I break things & need parts alot due to some of my own learning/mistakes. Having said this, I would not be asking you for 950HP/DP needle & seat & gaskets if I was "Ricky Racer Civic Boy" ... know what I mean?? As for E-bay, If I were going to re-distribute your parts, I would be asking for high margin, trendy parts designed more for the e-bay posers we all know (such as cheap tachs & Monza tips).

Last: I am just a consumer... I do not sell or professionally & I often just pick up the phone & pay. What I should be doing is supporting the members of this site more & buy from them. We are a pretty tight group here... that is why we are quick to watch each others backs as you may have noticed in a few pots on this thread. I would suggest getting to know some of these folks first prior to doing any deals... if you are good guy they will warm up to you. Again, I did not mean to sound harsh. Rigsby

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -