Newest family member

Old 12-23-2008, 08:11 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Default Newest family member

Heres a couple pics of my latest find. Didnt really need another car but I couldnt pass it up, the price was right? Later Cp

Old 12-23-2008, 08:29 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Charles i thought you were paying childs support, what you gonna do with another car. Damn i hope you gonna put a trans brake in that one in case i can come up to north this summer, just kiddin my friend nice find.

Zip.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:31 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

nice car !
Old 12-23-2008, 10:14 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

All steel but the hood? glass or lexan? looks great.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:34 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks for the compliments guys.
It's a all steel 68 with a 67 grill - it does have a lift off fiberglass hood, all factory glass still in place and windows roll up nicely, full interior save for the tubbed out back seat...lol
Narrowed 9 inch rearend out back w/ ladder bars & coil overs and 14x32 hoseheads.
Car is set up for a smallblock and a glide, kinda wanted to go with a big iron but since I already have the sbc headers I'll most likely got with a mouse.
Long term plans are to have an alternate car to race and or cruise around the lake and maybe a trip to the local sonic to grab a bite.
Nothing as radical as my 69 - closed exhaust, mild mannered, you know something I can take the ole lady in without freaking her out, nothing like a romantic ride in a loud rumbly car.
Later Cp
Old 12-23-2008, 10:51 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by zipper06
Hey Charles i thought you were paying childs support, what you gonna do with another car. Damn i hope you gonna put a trans brake in that one in case i can come up to north this summer, just kiddin my friend nice find.

Zip.
Hey Zip,
I have a transbrake in my 69, I have never used it on a launch though, just for backing up.
The 68 did come with a nice crossover delay box, thinking about hooking it up to the 69 and running super pro next year.

I've always wanted to run in that 6.0 heads up race they have Holly Springs sometimes too, I should be close leaving off the trasnbrake as my car normally runs anywhere from 6.10 to 6.14's footbraking.

Take care and Merry Christmas to all, Cp
Old 12-23-2008, 11:23 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Just curious...why you never use the brake? is it a foot brake class that you run? Also I have read where people have to hold the trans brake in to back up...why is that? Is that only pro tree brakes that you must do that with? I ask because mine has a COAN brake in it and I can just put it in reverse.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:07 AM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Yeah the Ambruzzi glide I have in the 69 came with a protree brake that requires you to activate the transbrake to back up, I couldn't tell you why other than it's a protree brake and every one that I've seen operates that way.

Now to answer your other question I'm a die hard footbraker, and the class doesn't allow you to leave off a brake, not that some people aren't leaving off them, but that's another story.

I have left off a brake a few times in Landon's Nova, mostly on nitrous passes after the races or just messing around trying something different.

Have a good one, Cp
Old 12-24-2008, 02:43 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

I love the color. That's a good looking car.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:37 AM
fishmanjoe
JUNIOR BUILDER

Nice wheels man,I been telling guys with moey problems people are having,if you look there are some killer deals out there.I just found my wife a 72 trans am roller for $4800.00 from a guy that got laid off 3 months ago.He needed money for Christmas and he named the price .Now I just have to be on the lookout for a motor.FISHMANJOE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -