68 mustang lights don't work

Old 12-15-2008, 03:58 PM
michael1
MASTER BUILDER

Default 68 mustang lights don't work

My brother has a 68 mustang and when the headlights are off the brake lights work. When the headlights are on he has no running lights or brake lights. About every 5-7 seconds he hears a clicking noise that sounds like it is under the dash and the headlights flicker. Can anyone help lead me in the right direction on fixing this. He already changed the light switch and that didn't help.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:42 PM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

It has a bad ground somewhere. I don't know for sure where the grounds are on those cars, been too long since I worked on one. Seems like they have at least one on the core support and I think near the latch in the trunk.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:37 PM
michael1
MASTER BUILDER

That is what I told him, I will probably go by him this weekend and look at it. I feel it is definetely a ground problem. I will let you know what I find. Thanks for the info.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:46 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Michael,

I responded about the same on the "Help" thread you posted. I agree- it is a ground. Ask him what he has installed recently... any guages/sterio/etc?... go back look at any new wiring & see what is grounding. Also- you mentioned "flashing" in the other thread... look at the flasher/wiring & replace if ness...

I got your e-mail on the X-bow. I might be able to get you a deal, but man, ours are very expensive. They are typically 50-60ft per second faster than all the competetion. On ours, you can let them down w/o having to fire them too. We have one called the "Assault" which is all black carbon fiber looking.... simply EVIL looking. Anyways, maybe we could do something, but they are about $1600.00 to $1900.00. Maybe a trade for parts is a better way to go. I don't know, let me know your thoughts. Our X-bows are absolutley deadly man. Whatca Got???
Old 12-19-2008, 03:53 PM
michael1
MASTER BUILDER

Scooter, you have my # just give me a call anytime. Also we will be working on the wiring tomorrow if you send me a pm with your cell# I will call you if we have any problems. Thanks,Michael
Old 12-20-2008, 10:03 PM
michael1
MASTER BUILDER

I went and helped my brother today and found the problem. It was in the light switch that had a hot wire going to a ground wire. It wasn't a very hard find once I got down to his house and looked at it myself. It would only act up when I turned the switch on and off so I knew it was in that area. Thanks for all the help.