T&D or Jesel

Old 12-07-2008, 10:28 AM
michael1
MASTER BUILDER

Default T&D or Jesel

Can anyone tell me the pros and cons on these rockers? I have the Big Duke 18* heads and need rockers.If there are any distributors of these companies please let me know if you can help me with pricing.Thanks
Old 12-07-2008, 10:51 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Not sure on the dukes but a buddy just priced them for his BMF heads, TD was 400 cheaper then Jesels.

I've seen both break and seen both work well. I've ran Jesela and had good luck so I stay with them, if I bought a motor with TD i'd keep them and I am sure they'd work fine.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:03 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

The T&D's i just got have oiling ports for the springs as well as the roller tips. Not sure about the Jesels. Just a thought.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:18 PM
lanham
MASTER BUILDER

I have the T&D sportsman rockers and like them really well.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:43 PM
obsessedtruck
JUNIOR BUILDER

T@D is a better deal for the Dukes. I have Jesel on mine and I'd rather have T@Ds. The adjusment is a much better deal (bigger). Seems the T@D holds the lash better. We found that out on my bosses blower motors. Hes got both types.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:35 PM
PAR
APPRENTICE

We use T-D exclusively on all of our engines from 565 bracket engines to 800" nitrous engines. I will have to order them for the 18 degree heads, as we use mainly Brodix 16 degree heads. I can sell them for about 1550.00. T-D will ship in about a week or 2. Call me at 864-578-5622 Brad
Old 12-08-2008, 08:31 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I can see why PAR uses T&D over Jessel, i bought a set of T&D pros from a fellow racer here on RJ and they are nice. But before that i tried to get imfo from Jessel as to what offset i needed for the bodix 10 RPSP S/BLK heads that i had, all they did was give me a run around and wouldn't/couldn't tell me which setup i needed for these heads. The RJ person i bought the rockers from sent them to me to check out, it turned out i needed .250 offset which these were. I then called T&D about the setup and how to get started since my heads were already together and i could use their fixture. The tech spend atleast 15 min. explaining how to get there and sent me 2 sets of shims .030 and .060 to make sure that i was able get the right geometry and keep the roller oil holes lined up. I'll definately buy T&D in the future just from their customer service.

JMO

Zip.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:25 PM
michael1
MASTER BUILDER

I heard the same thing,T&D has great customer service. That is the same thing I heard about Patrick at Pro Systems carbs. I'm all about customer service because I enjoy working on my own stuff when possible. I had back surgery so doing what I can on my own is like mental therapy to me.I need another surgery but I'm trying to put it off as long as I can.I want to thank everybody for the info.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:27 PM
vmnelson
SHOW GUEST

Originally Posted by michael1
I heard the same thing,T&D has great customer service. That is the same thing I heard about Patrick at Pro Systems carbs. I'm all about customer service because I enjoy working on my own stuff when possible. I had back surgery so doing what I can on my own is like mental therapy to me.I need another surgery but I'm trying to put it off as long as I can.I want to thank everybody for the info.
DITTO ON THAT!!!! We do our best to use their produts just for this reason, well plus it's a good product!!
Old 12-29-2008, 06:30 PM
us7race
EXPERT BUILDER

My Jesel Rockers have treated me very well. They hold lash great too.
No experience with T&D.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -