I know were all in rough times

Old 12-05-2008, 05:14 PM
dieseldude78
SHOW GUEST

Default I know were all in rough times

Hey i know were all in these times together but come on. There is just way to my items that are posted that are not worth what they want sorry! I just want to let you guys know that if you have a show car good but dont list a car that you think is a show winner that is just a show looser! I'm tierd of looking at these ads and being disappointed!!! Dont list stuff one way and then your pictures say somthing else! THANKS. :x
Old 12-05-2008, 08:28 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

....HUH ? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :roll: :roll:
Old 12-05-2008, 10:19 PM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

You must mean they aren't worth it to YOU. My suggestion is fairly simple, if you don't like someones ad, MOVE ON to the next one. If you think the cars are overpriced, MOVE ON to the next one.
Do us all a favor: Show us how to write and describe our ads, also price your car low enough that we flock to it. I wonder if yours will seem overpriced or if you describe it to a "tee".
BTW, thanks for alerting us to the overinflated prices of the pieces of crap that are being advertised on RJ. :roll: :roll: :roll:
EVERY site has its junkers that are overpriced, it is part of the game. It is entirely up to you if you want to play it though. If you take time to look, you WILL find some killer deals on RJ, providing they are suitable to your liking. I have some gripes with RJ, finding killer deals AIN'T one of them!
Nothing personal intended, just giving my thoughts since you brought it up.
BTW one more time: Nice first post!
Old 12-06-2008, 04:26 AM
tazracing
SENIOR BUILDER

Try buying and building the same things you are looking at.Then come back and say that.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:54 AM
vega34
SENIOR BUILDER

try building this for $7500 1359714,,steve
Old 12-06-2008, 12:43 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by vega34
Great Deal for someone wanting to step right into a turn key 6 second ride.

And for those of you that have never stepped in a drag car or you run this slow ricer burner crap with a loud muffler and a cold air intake..don't even try to think 6.70's is slow by no means.

Heck you almost couldn't even put my short block together for that price. :roll:

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 12-06-2008, 12:50 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
Originally Posted by vega34
Great Deal for someone wanting to step right into a turn key 6 second ride.

And for those of you that have never stepped in a drag car or you run this slow ricer burner crap with a loud muffler and a cold air intake..don't even try to think 6.70's is slow by no means.

Heck you almost couldn't even put my short block together for thet price. :roll:
proper terminology would be "FART CAN" not loud muffler.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:54 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: I know were all in rough times

Originally Posted by dieseldude78
Hey i know were all in these times together but come on. There is just way to my items that are posted that are not worth what they want sorry! I just want to let you guys know that if you have a show car good but dont list a car that you think is a show winner that is just a show looser! I'm tierd of looking at these ads and being disappointed!!! Dont list stuff one way and then your pictures say somthing else! THANKS. :x

Many people that have never built a race car have no idea the cost of some little things...like AN fittings. I have easily $1000 or close to it just in the fuel system on my car not counting the carb...that sort of thing is often overlooked. when looking at the price of a car...JMO
Old 12-06-2008, 01:02 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Speaking of AN fittings and braided hoses, you would not believe me if i told you what the total cost was to Plumb the old 632ci with Dry sump with a pair of Dominaters.. :shock:

Buying #4 #6#8 fittings are one thing..but when you start getting to the #12 and #14''s...the anto goes up quite a bit !
Old 12-06-2008, 01:09 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
Speaking of AN fittings and braided hoses, you would not believe me if i told you what the total cost was to Plumb the old 632ci with Dry sump.. :shock:
Yes I would. ...I seen pics of that car with the dog house off of it.

My car is very very basic and I know what I spent.I have # 10 on mine and even those are almost $30 bucks each ...I don't have any #12 and up but looking at them on the shelf at the speed shop always makes for a GASP! :lol:

A NOS car with two fuel sytems etc...$$$

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -