SLE

Old 11-29-2008, 09:15 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default SLE

Anyone used these Jegs brand Starting Line Enchancers ? or any other off brand setup ?

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/15760/10002/-1

Looking to add for this season. thanks
Old 12-01-2008, 02:08 PM
I972Nova
EXPERT BUILDER

The one that I have is a Contender brand which has worked great. I had a buddy that had a problem with the solenoid on the jegs one.

https://haconten.appieshost2.com/app...IE:prodSN8000+
Old 12-19-2008, 11:53 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Ended up going with a Bill Mitchell one, got a good deal on it so couldnt pass. Thats the cheap part what they get for these CO2 bottles and regulators is crazy :shock:
Old 12-19-2008, 12:19 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hammertime
Ended up going with a Bill Mitchell one, got a good deal on it so couldnt pass. Thats the cheap part what they get for these CO2 bottles and regulators is crazy :shock:
Yep but look at it another way, you save wear and tear on your leaf blower trying to cool off the trans,converter, and fluid between runs, because you only have 2 1/2 seconds max on the count down while you're running a 12 sec. car and you're running mid 7's

Zip.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:52 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by zipper06
Originally Posted by hammertime
Yep but look at it another way, you save wear and tear on your leaf blower trying to cool off the trans,converter, and fluid between runs, because you only have 2 1/2 seconds max on the count down while you're running a 12 sec. car and you're running mid 7's

Zip.
I agree but then again I am not one of the guys who is on the wood while waiting, usually 2k when she starts coming down then wood. The SLE i think just elminates 1 more thing a human has control over lol

I hope this trans is not a issue this year or I'll be buying a new trans from someone, I put a new cooler on (flow maybe was slow ?) and new lines coming here soon, that base is covered now. Trans is going to Coan this go around for the fact they have a trans dyno. Fingers crossed with it !
Old 12-20-2008, 08:01 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I don't know how well it would work on a dragster, but on the 66 Biscyne, we have the 8"X 10" cooler mounted beside the radiator and an 8" sucker fan pulling air thru it when the car is running.

Zip.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:21 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

The cooler I have is 13.5"x9 with a 9.5" Elec fan its one of the B&M super coolers. I never had a issue untill mid season then all hell broke loose with it !
Old 12-20-2008, 10:44 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

O'h well just two people thinking alike, hey are you snowed in yet, it didn't look good on TV for Mich.?

Zip.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:16 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by zipper06
O'h well just two people thinking alike, hey are you snowed in yet, it didn't look good on TV for Mich.?

Zip.
They say good minds think alike right :lol:

we got some snow for sure 8-10" but it wasnt the snow that was terrible it was the sleet and icy that dropped on top of it. The county I live in decided not to plow the morning of the snow storm, sure was a nice drive home. Good thing for 4x4, suppose to get more tonight. The snow dont bother me, its the cold I hate :P
Old 12-20-2008, 11:20 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Bad minds think alike also.......................lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -