ENGINE SWAP

Old 11-29-2008, 12:48 PM
koab26
SHOW GUEST

Default ENGINE SWAP

I HAVE A 1962 FORD FALCON, WHAT WOULD I HAVE TO DO TO INSTALL A CHEVY V6 IN IT AND ARE THE ANY AFTERMARKET ENGINE SWAP PARTS FOR THIS OR DO I NEED TO FABRICATE THEM MYSELF. NEED A LITTLE HELP.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:08 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

don't really have an answer to your question. but i have to ask why go thru all that hassle just to drop in a v-6 :?: :roll:

many cheaper v-8's out here. you can buy a factory 260hp v-8 from the Chevy under $1500...at least for now you can before they go bankrupt.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 12-01-2008, 04:02 PM
radicalz
MASTER BUILDER

Default Re: ENGINE SWAP

Originally Posted by koab26
I HAVE A 1962 FORD FALCON, WHAT WOULD I HAVE TO DO TO INSTALL A CHEVY V6 IN IT AND ARE THE ANY AFTERMARKET ENGINE SWAP PARTS FOR THIS OR DO I NEED TO FABRICATE THEM MYSELF. NEED A LITTLE HELP.
Mmmmmm... a V-6......might want to upgrade like bjuice said small block v-8, turbo/blown small block v-8, BIG BLOCK CHEVY, etc, just think of the possibilities...... 8) 8) 8)
Old 12-04-2008, 06:40 PM
koab26
SHOW GUEST

AFTER CONSULTING WITH MY ENGINE BUILDER HE TOTALLY AGREES WITH YOU GUYS. WILL I NEED TO CUT THE SHOCK TOWERS OR HAVE A CUSTOM CROSS MEMBER AND MOTOR MOUNTS. SOULD LIKE SOME FEED BACK. THANKS GUYS