Is anyone selling anything?????

Old 11-29-2008, 11:13 AM
blowninjected540
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Is anyone selling anything?????

Let me start by saying Hi. I'm new today to RJ forum been a member of RJ for just 2 months or so. When I started looking at racing junk ads I noticed the ads that had sold banners on them. so I listed a few things now I notice no banners saying sold, did they remove them or nothing selling anymore?????? Didn't know if I hit a wrong button, not to show sold cars or what.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:41 AM
vega34
SENIOR BUILDER

i'm having a hard time selling my wagon,and alot of other ppl are to,,its probley going to be hard for a while
Old 11-29-2008, 07:28 PM
hotrodharley
EXPERT BUILDER

i'm not selling anything either.not on here or on e-bay..nothing seems to be moving.heck..i'm trying to sell a NEW snap-on hvlp paint gun for way less then half price and not getting nothing on it.here or e-bay..hell i can't even get the normal scammers to bite at it..now that's bad :lol:
Old 11-30-2008, 04:07 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

I have 2 cars, 2 powerglides and some misc BBC parts on here and can't get anyone to buy. By no means is any of it junk, but no one wants to pay cash. Everyone wants to trade.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:52 PM
Notalent
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Its christmas time, always the slowest part of the year. Come Feb the ball will be rolling again.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:31 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by vega34
i'm having a hard time selling my wagon,and alot of other ppl are to,,its probley going to be hard for a while
You need to keep that wagon, if i can find them i'll post some pics. of a 72 wagon, changed the front hood and fenders to late model. I built it from scratch, with rec. tube chassis and strut front end shocks from an MG, and ladder bar rear. Put a 482" b/blk and the very first pass it went 9.80's, that was in 1980, 2 yrs. later i got divorced and sold the car. I would love to have the car back. Mine had a vynil padded complete top cover from the factory, no side windows, really rare version of the sedan delivery.
Keep the wagon and put a real motor in it, you can run easy 9.50's with a cheap 434"er and drive it to the hotdog stand at the track, and everybody will look funny at you because they won't understand how a car can run so good and not be on the charger or having maintenience done to it between rounds.

JMO

Zip.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:14 AM
vega34
SENIOR BUILDER

well i have sold the wagon,i dropped the price a little to help move it,but i guess it was about priced right,i found a dragster that i really like but the work i do is dead right now,,so guys do you thing work and stuff will pick up this spring or is the world dead and going to be for a while,,so when we go to the track this coming year whos going to be there,only the rich or what,,,,,steve

obama will have took over by spring and thats when its going to pick up right,thats what he said,help steve the roofer out right!!LOL!!
Old 12-11-2008, 04:09 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Steve, I'll be at the track next year, and I'm far from rich, as long as I have a rifle, a shotgun, and a four wheel drive, I can feed myself.

I wrote the fed a very polite letter explaining how my racing team was in dire financial shape, but if they would cut me a check for a couple of hundred million, I might be able to muddle through for another season. I aint heard from them yet, but what the hey, it's worth a shot.

Earl
Old 12-11-2008, 05:02 AM
vega34
SENIOR BUILDER

hey earl,,$100.00 plus a week is hard to come by if this thing don't change,,how many ppl are going to lose there jobs between now and spring,,if i work this summer like last summer yes i'll be there,but if the public don't have a job then they don't need steve the roofer/carpenter doing work on there house,,i'm looking for the promise obama made about the poor ppl!!LOL!! better not hold my breath,there giving gas away just to keep us alive right now,,now they need to work on the grocerise in the stores,,everything went up because of gas,now that gas is down everything is still up,,,,steve
Old 12-11-2008, 06:29 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Steve I hear you loud and clear. I need a roof, and if my house was there, or you were here, you'd get that contract fur shoor. Racing don't cost me quite that much, but I hear ya.
Don't be counting on NO politicians promisses though, once they get elected, they forget all about the American people. What you CAN count on from them, is more of the same tripe, they been putting out. That loud sucking sound you hear, is our economy, going down the tubes. Of course that's JMO, FWIW.
Earl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -