Who can make a 1250hp bigger in cfm.

Old 11-27-2008, 09:04 PM
obsessedtruck
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Who can make a 1250hp bigger in cfm.

I got a 1250HP and what I need or want to know is what companies can make this thing flow. Looking for atleast 1400cfm out it. Of course price is a biggie. This is for my pull truck and its idle or wide open. Names , links or phone numbers would be great. Couple of guys including Curtis said that 1600cfm would be ideal.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:50 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

www.apdracing.com
Old 11-28-2008, 05:42 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Rons terminator supposed to have 2100 cfms. I've seen alot of these working great on big engines. Just bought one for mine this offseason. Guess we'll see. They seem expensive until you think about your total cost with carb. I had $1000 in fuel system and $1300 in carb.
take care

http://www.ronsfuel.com/terminator.cfm
Old 11-28-2008, 07:07 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by dparker
Rons terminator supposed to have 2100 cfms. I've seen alot of these working great on big engines. Just bought one for mine this offseason. Guess we'll see. They seem expensive until you think about your total cost with carb. I had $1000 in fuel system and $1300 in carb.
take care

http://www.ronsfuel.com/terminator.cfm
If you ever get stuck with it let me know the only pain in the rear part about injection is getting it correct once you get it there you change nothing. I know a lot of people make the injection out to be a lot of work, in 2 years the only time I changed mine was when I had a intake gasket leak and it was showing lean on egt, as soon as I figured it out I put it right back to where it was and it was good to go.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:12 AM
obsessedtruck
JUNIOR BUILDER

This is for a single carb deal on gas. I cant run alky or inj. Believe me if I was able to do alcohol I'd be inj long time ago. 1 carb and thats all i can run.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:58 PM
lanham
MASTER BUILDER

Default carb

Check out Pro-Systems their carbs work good.
Old 11-29-2008, 04:52 AM
Pwmax
MASTER BUILDER

Pro-Systems has a 1600cfm dominator conversion they do. Huge throttle blades added, venturi mods, booster changes etc. they do work. But, they get $1600 plus your carb. They can also do milder versions for less. I wouldn;t hesitate to call APD either, as Hammertime suggested, their carbs work very well. One of my customers is debating sending his 1250 to Pro for that conversion, but, its a money thing with him also. Patrick said he GAURENTEED him a minimumn of 35hp, and said he would refund his money if it didn;t make that diff. He said, also, on his combo, that it could pick up 50. Its a 598 Big chief deal. Those are the engines that really wake up

Frank
Old 11-29-2008, 08:22 AM
obsessedtruck
JUNIOR BUILDER

I've also heard on mine that the carb is a major choke point on it. Thats one thing that doesnt concern me is E.Ts. All i care is that it screams at 8500plus for 15 secs. LOL, I filled out the spec sheet for pro systems shortly ago. But I think I'll call also.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:31 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

I sure hope you make the call to APD also, call and see what they say. They build motors and carbs they've seen pleny of power before. They do circle track, drag racing, truck pulling the list goes on.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:31 PM
obsessedtruck
JUNIOR BUILDER

I'll be making a few calls on mon. Need to know more about the enginge requirements also.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -