What is it worth ?

Old 11-25-2008, 07:30 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default What is it worth ?

78 Malibu, Backhalf with 12 Point Cage, 9" Ford 35 Spline Axels Strange Alum Center with 4:30 Pro Gear,Turbo 400 with TBrake, B&M Converter, 6al box, cheeta air shifter with air bottle and regulator,alum radiatorWilwood rear brakes, jaz fuel cell, mega 400 delay box. Cam Lock Belts.Autometer tach,water,oil,volt,fuel pressure.

477 BBC, 289 Block,Brodix BB2x's Cnc'd, GM Crank, Ross Pistons 12.5:1, Manley Rods, Sonnys Brodix Intake, Rupert 1050 Alky Carb, Crane Rockers and Girdle, Moroso Electric Water Pump, Dedenbear Base Plate throttle stop, Goza Filler Neck.

Car has fiberglass hood and decklid, had 40k miles on it when made to a dragcar. Has a clear title and can be put back on the street.
Runs Weighs 3210 no driver runs 9.80's
Does have a scratch on front fender and door easily fixable though.

Whats it worth ?
Old 11-25-2008, 08:28 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

UUG!!, i have the same car but with S/BLK, i wouldn't take $15000.00 for mine, it has a 4 link with wheelie bars will stand on the bumper anytime. Not that fast but it's only a 377" motor. Mine is equally clean with 2 seats and runs 10.59/6.52. Mine weighs 3253lbs with driver, all instruments still in place.PG, 543 gears, glass bumbers,hood, roll up windows, all glass, nothing else.

JMO

Zip.
Old 11-27-2008, 04:28 AM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Looks like a pretty nice car. Is that car from Illinois? If so did it run at Byron? Just wondered a buddy of mine runs there and might know the car or the guy. Good luck.
Old 11-27-2008, 06:43 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by BEAST477
Looks like a pretty nice car. Is that car from Illinois? If so did it run at Byron? Just wondered a buddy of mine runs there and might know the car or the guy. Good luck.
Hey Happy Thanksgiving !

It is a Byron car, I am meeting him sunday to take a peek at it, if its as nice in person I'll be bringing it home with me. No box here I come :lol:
Old 11-27-2008, 02:21 PM
john858
EXPERT BUILDER

did you get rid of the dragster?
Old 11-27-2008, 03:39 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by john858
did you get rid of the dragster?
Not yet
Old 11-27-2008, 03:57 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Nice looking car David..also glad to see you stepping over to a Door car.
the 3rd member,pinion support,pinion yoke and gear is a 2k set up or a tad more branch new.

from what i can see the cage has neat weld beads..the red paint makes it a little hard for me to make out the welds closley but it looks like it could be Tigged ?..its it a CM cage..

only thing i can see i would personally change is clean up the wiring a little bit in the cock pit..but i am an Anal old fart.... 8)

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-27-2008, 04:06 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
Nice looking car David..also glad to see you stepping over to a Door car.
the 3rd member,pinion support,pinion yoke and gear is a 2k set up or a tad more branch new.

from what i can see the cage has neat weld beads..the red paint makes it a little hard for me to make out the welds closley but it looks like it could be Tigged ?..its it a CM cage..

only thing i can see i would personally change is clean up the wiring a little bit in the cock pit..but i am an Anal old fart.... 8)

Brian
Brian no doubt I am as anal as anyone when it comes to wiring, I am sure you've seen my jobs on the dragsters. That is the first thing I will fix about it. It is CM cage, has been certified in the past just has ran out, he says it will pass again. That there leads to another question do I get this guy to sign to something saying it will tag again ? He is friends of a friend of mine and buddy of mine has said its a good car and will tag again. 8.50 tag is all I need anyways for it.

Zip has pm'd with me a few times and he was guessed what I figured it was worth. I am meeting the guy sunday AM.

This is also my 2nd door car, last one ran 9.7's. Was a mustang with a 383 sbc, was neat little car just was boring as heck. With the 10.00 index being a popular thing latley along with a lot more cash to be had locally with no box this looks like a good option for me. Wiring and a chassis tag are first on my list for sure.

thanks for everyone that has posted
Old 11-27-2008, 05:25 PM
I972Nova
EXPERT BUILDER

David,

I am doing the same thing. There is just so much more stuff you can run with a door car than a dragster. No box stuff, index racing, and more...

Hopefully I will have mine Saturday around lunch time...

I would say if you could get it for around 10-12 that you would be doing good...
Old 11-27-2008, 05:35 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DragsterJosh
David,

I am doing the same thing. There is just so much more stuff you can run with a door car than a dragster. No box stuff, index racing, and more...

Hopefully I will have mine Saturday around lunch time...

I would say if you could get it for around 10-12 that you would be doing good...

No doubt the dragster world is switching back to door cars for a few reasons, my main is like you said a lot more racing to do with it. second reason, no doubt a dragster looses value like the stock market right now, hard to sell them.

10-12 I wish I could find one like that for that price range :shock:
Seems a good backhalf car that runs 9.5-9s with good parts is 15-22k
this one is priced a little more then my dragster rolling.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -