AED carbs

Old 11-24-2008, 01:34 PM
Drtmod5
MASTER BUILDER

Default AED carbs

Has anyone dealt with AED carbs on anything? Not to be confused with APD, a different company. Any info would be appreciated.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:48 PM
ARUSSELL
MASTER BUILDER

Never used one of their carbs but I like their components better then hollys
Old 11-24-2008, 04:08 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: AED carbs

Originally Posted by hambone82
Has anyone dealt with AED carbs on anything? Not to be confused with APD, a different company. Any info would be appreciated.
Not to confuse them with APD for sure seen a few of them under the bench at APD to be fixed, you can usually tell the good and bad after looking at what brand carbs are under the bench that need redone by a good carb shop.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:24 PM
Drtmod5
MASTER BUILDER

I have an alky unit that I need redone. Question: would I be wise to send to say APD for their upgrade or simply start over with one of their new products. I want it right but without a fortune in it.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:39 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hambone82
I have an alky unit (originally a C&S) that I need redone. I've had it worked on by one shop and it's still not right. Question: would I be wise to send to say APD for their upgrade or simply start over with one of their new products. I want it right but without a fortune in it.

Give them a call and ask for Randy or Joe .. Tell them what you have and ask them if you'd be better of buying a stock holley instead and sending it to them. I've seen them boys turn junk into gold though
Old 11-27-2008, 07:01 AM
lookingaround
RACING JUNKIE

i have a 750 aed carb. i love it never had any problems with it. but i have heard alot better things from apd.
Old 12-14-2008, 01:34 PM
bowtie4542001
DYNO OPERATOR

I had a 750 AED carb on one of my first cars. Worked great and then someone broke into my shop and (I guess needed it more than I did) stole it.But I never had any problems with it. Great throttle response.