what happened to honesty and integrity ??????

Old 11-23-2008, 02:18 PM
eddie1963
SENIOR BUILDER

Default what happened to honesty and integrity ??????

tire kickers, no shows, ill call you either way, ill be there by 9, a handshake was good???? what happened??????? you know who you are and who you arent. not directed toward anyone but what has happened???
Old 11-23-2008, 02:38 PM
gungho
EXPERT BUILDER

???
Old 11-23-2008, 02:46 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

It DIED the same day as COMMON SENSE

Obituary of Common Sense !

Today, we mourn the passing of an old friend by the name of Common Sense.

Common Sense lived a long life, but died from heart failure at the brink of the Millennium. No one really knows how old he was since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He selflessly devoted his life to service in schools; hospitals, homes, factories and offices, helping folks get jobs done without fanfare and foolishness.

For decades, petty rules, silly laws and frivolous lawsuits held no power over Common Sense. He was credited with cultivating such valued lessons as to know when to come in from rain, the early bird gets the worm and life isn't always fair.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn), reliable parenting strategies (the adults are in charge, not the kids), and it's okay to come in second.

A veteran of the Industrial Revolution, the Great Depression, and the Technological Revolution, Common Sense survived cultural and educational trends including feminism, body piercing, whole language and new math.

But his health declined when he became infected with the "if-it-only-helps-one-person-it's-worth-it" virus. In recent decades, his waning strength proved no match for the ravages of overbearing federal legislation.

He watched in pain as good people became ruled by self-seeking lawyers and enlightened auditors. His health rapidly deteriorated when schools endlessly implemented zero tolerance policies; when reports were heard of six year old boys charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; when a teen was suspended for taking a swig of mouthwash after lunch; when a teacher was fired for reprimanding an unruly student. It declined even further when schools had to get parental consent to administer aspirin to a student but couldn't inform the parent when a female student is pregnant or wants an abortion.

Finally, Common Sense lost his will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband, churches became businesses, criminals received better treatment than victims, and federal judges stuck their noses in everything from Boy Scouts to professional sports.

As the end neared, Common Sense drifted in and out of logic but was kept informed of developments, regarding questionable regulations for asbestos, low-flow toilets, smart guns, the nurturing of Prohibition Laws and mandatory air bags.

Finally, when told that the homeowners association restricted exterior furniture only to that which enhanced property values, he breathed his last.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents Truth and Trust; his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son Reason. His three stepbrothers survive him: Rights, Tolerance and Whiner.
Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone.

Author Unknown
Old 11-23-2008, 03:06 PM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Default I'll Self Report

Lets explore a bit further.

Edsrod has a Falcon for sale. I emailed him personally and said that I MIGHT be interested in trading my 66 Impala SS and some spare parts. Edsrod emailed me back and said he might be interested and he wanted some pics. My response was I said Id send some on Saturday.

Keep in mind-this was exploratory-no committments just preliminary maybe.

On Friday nite I let my wife take a look at the pics for a while and she decided she liked the full-size Chevy better than the Ford.

I promptly emailed him on Saturday morning and let him know that there was no point in pursuing as she liked the full-size Chevy better.

Nows heres the thing- I knew absolutely knew that a post like this was going to end up here.

It seems these days you cant even discuss a possible trade and not have someone get ticked off for some reason or another.

A little lesson perhaps would be useful.

When I was 17 I had a 66 Mustang two-door for sale. I had a bunch of calls and lots of interest. A guy said he was going to come out Monday-which just happened to be one of my few days off. I waited at the house ALL day-and he never showed. Wasted day?

Nope because I learned a valuable lesson. If you have something for sale and someone wants it badly enough he will come out to see it on your time and will honor your terms.

BTW, I cant tell you why I sensed a post would end up here by Edsrod-dont know why, but I knew it would.

Good luck selling the Falcon, and if I was one of your perceived tire kickers, so be it.

Scorp
Old 11-23-2008, 04:36 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Ihad a maybe trade on here was going to possibable trade my 68 dart for a 74 dart with a big block, long story short, contacted the owner of the 74 back told decided not to trade he was happy with this, no problems. People just get's too worked up, I think they miss some of the word's that are told to them like[ let me think it over- give me a day or two etc], If a person say's i might be interested then give them a chance to clear up why first. My two cent's worth!!!!
Old 11-23-2008, 04:46 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

if they want it they will follow thru if not just keep on selling and trading :lol: :lol:

i will try to bare with almost all sellers and buyers but sometimes you get bit--but--if you are going to deal on here or elsewhere you will get tire kickers -[if you don't like that then DO NOT SELL ANYTHING-PERIOD GROW UP AND RELIZE THAT YOU WILL GET UM AND SHUT UP!!!!!!
MAN -I FEEL BETTER :lol: :lol: :lol:

LIVELY
Old 11-24-2008, 04:11 AM
eddie1963
SENIOR BUILDER

Default Scorpion1110 YOU ARE THE ONE OF THE GOOD!!! FANTASTIC!!!!

I WAS MORE THAN HAPPY WITH YOUR RESPONSE YOU FINISHED THE 'INQUIRY' SO COMPLIMENTS TO YOU! HOWEVER WE DO MAKE MISTAKES, FORGET ONCE IN A WHILE , TREAD WATERS FOR NO REASON, BUT, ALL IN ALL, I SIT BACK AT TIMES AND WONDER????? I GUESS ITS THE 'THRILL OF THE CHASE' THAT KEEPS US GOING>>>>>>>>>>> IN NO MEANS WAS I DIRECTING ANYTHING TOWARD YOU, ACTUALLY, ANYONE IN PARTICULAR, WAS JUST WONDERING WHY ITS HAS WENT THIS FAR? WE HAVE THE RIP OFF ARTIST, CON MEN, AND ENOUGH AS IT IS, WE JUST NEED TO ATLEAST LEAVE A RESPONSE ONCE A COMMUNICATION HAS STARTED . PUT THE FALCON IN STORAGE , ILL ENJOY IT NEXT YEAR AND SAY>>>> GLAD IT KEPT THIS >>>> THEN POST IT FOR SALE????? THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT FROM RACINGJUNK AND ALL THE REPLIES THUS FAR>>>>>>
Old 11-24-2008, 03:17 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

i also made my post in repsonse ONLY to "What happned to Honesty and Integrity"........

but now that we are on this buying and selling thing.....although i feel strongly on what i posted above..i still believe there are good people out there..the problem is knowing who they are..Right....so with that said i just created my own rules to deal with Dishonesty,Integrity or whatever you want to call it when it comes to buying and Selling....

Here is my Policy and i used this policy when i Sold my 63 Vette a few months back..

you tell me you want it..fine.....give me a date and time you will be here and we let it ride till then...you pull a No show and i go to the next Buyer/seller..simple as that..

I sold my vette for a considerable amount of $$ ( will not disclose) and to a man from out of the country ( Canada) at that ..i told him my bottom price and he told me the date he would be here...He ask me how much deposit i needed and i said "ZERO"..."NONE' ,"NADA", "ZIP", ...I told him being here that SAURDAY was deposit enough....i advised him i would gaurantee the car Until SATURDAY...

No deposit needed if you hold to your guns Right.? ..My opinion if you need a deposit you anticIpate something going wrong and probably do not need to be dealing with the buyer to begin with...( MY OPINION ONLY)

Bottom Line Ticker Kickers,Dis-honest people or whatever you want to call them don't control our sales (buying or sellingl)

People let their Greed,laziness,Stupidity,Nieveness enable the dishonest thieveing people to get away with more than they ever should have..

i mean dayuuuum guys..we got people coming on the scammer section and complaining they got ripped off after admitting they met the person face to face and saw the deal and knew better then to go thru with it...but still made the deal...i mean WTF !

people sending Big money hundreds of miles away buying stuff sight un-seen with little to No background investigation on who they are dealing with or what they are buying.....like they don't sell that type of head,header,intake or whatever just a few miles away.....but ahhhh the lure of being $50 bucks cheaper and Dumb Boy ( also known as Mr Greed) couldn't resist...... :shock:

Tom addressed this in another post in the scammer section a few days ago but i guess he wasn't political correct enough and got almost slammed for it....

i mean DAYYYUUUMM guys...did anyone stop and read the "Common Sense Obituary" and pay close attention to the Blue caption at the end ?

this is also not directed at one person..this is just"If the shoe fits wear it" Vent !

yes ...i come from the era where we drank water from a HOSE PIPE, we stood in the front seats of our parents car as we drove down the 2 lane highway, only had (3) TV Stations that went off at mid-night after playing national anthem, there was lead in our pump gas....

Proud to be an American and from a generation that still had some common sense

sorry just had to get that out !

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-24-2008, 04:26 PM
joeready
SHOW GUEST

ALTHOUGH I READ THE FORUMS DAILY I RESPOND VERY LITTLE, BRIAN VERY WELL SAID I AGREE 100%
Old 11-24-2008, 06:32 PM
eddie1963
SENIOR BUILDER

Default I AM TAUGHT DAILY

I AM TAUGHT DAILY , MAKES LIFE INTERESTING,I THINK ILL TAKE A BREAK AND SIT BACK A WHILE AND SIP A GATORADE AND ENJOY THE WINTER. WOW ,,,,I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE [ IN WONDER ] SITTING AND WONDERING WHERE WE LOST SOME OF IT???? OR SHOULD I SAY SOMEONE DIDN'T GET IT ????? AS MY RACESPACE NOTES I AM TAUGHT NEW THINGS. I'M STILL SMILING, FEEL A LITTLE MEDICAL PAIN, BUT WITH IT ALL :AND OUR GREAT ADVISOR LOOKING OVER US, I HOPE FOR MORE DEALS IN THE FUTURE AND HOPE TO FIND PEOPLE LIKE >>> YOU<<< TO MAKE A FRIEND WITH. ************ IF YOU WILL - IF YOU DO -SAY A PRAYER FOR ME . I HAVE A DISEASE THAT ATTACKS MY ORGANS, BONES AND MUSCLE. I NEED IT, SO IF YOU DO IT, MENTION ME. NO TRADES ,NO CALLBACKS,[OR AS ' bjuice ' WOULD SAY] NO DEPOSIT NEEDED, BUT MAYBE MEET SOMEDAY!! DIDN'T INTEND TO END UP WRITING THIS ???????????? NO ALL AUTOMOTIVE BUT I STARTED THIS WANTED TO CHIME IN AGAIN,KEEP THE FAITH!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -