bad bissiness person alert

Old 11-13-2008, 07:08 AM
base70d
SHOW GUEST

Default bad bissiness person alert

I WANT EVERYONE TO BE AWARE OF ALL THOSE DISHONEST INDIVIDUALS OUT THERE TRYING TO GAIN ON OUR HARD WORK. DONT DO BISSINESS WITH, BIGTOYZ454. I TRADED HIM A TAHOE THAT TOOK ME TWO YEARS TO REBUILD CUSTOM THAT HAD 27k INTO. I WANTED A MUSTANG GT THAT WAS TRACK AND STREET LEAGAL WITH WITH ALL THE GOODS COMING CLOSE TO THE AMOUNT I HAD INTO MY TRUCK. I DROVE FROM NY TO OHIO TO MAKE THE DEAL ON THIS GT HE SAID HAD WELL OVER TEN K INTO. IM NEW TO THE RACE SCENE BUT IT LOOKED GOOD AND SOUND GOOD TO ME. I GOT HOME AND DROVE IT BREIFLY FOR 30MINS AND FOUND OUT THE CAR HAD A SPUN BEARING AND A FEW OTHER PROBLEM. I ENDED UP REBUILDING THE MOTOR RIGHT AND ASK HIM TO SEND ME A SMALL PORTION OF THE COST TO FIX IT BUT HE STROKED ME ALONG AND THEN CHANGED HIS PHONE NUMBER. WATCH OUT FOR HIM. HE STILL HAS CARS ON HERE. HE A BAD BISSINESS MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-13-2008, 07:21 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

No disrespect intended...but if it had a spun bearing when you got it you would have known when you heard it run...and if you couldn't tell how can you expect him to?
Old 11-13-2008, 04:06 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: bad bissiness person alert

Originally Posted by base70d
IM NEW TO THE RACE SCENE BUT IT LOOKED GOOD AND SOUND GOOD TO ME.
:? :? :? :? :?: :?: :?: :?:
Old 11-13-2008, 06:06 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

:? :? Now let me say something before i open my mouth, I am not taking side's Yet, but as all us racers / engine builders knows a engine can spin a bearing at any given time, every engine that i have come in contact with that does this siezes up, I could be wrong, As most know's i work @ a dealership as a auto/diesel tech, If this engine had a spun bearing when you looked at it, well should have been siezed or knocking, just don't understand :? :?
Old 11-13-2008, 07:39 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

I THINK IT MUST HAVE BEEN A CONSPIRCY BY THE FRENCH TO TAKE OVER THIS MANS ENGINE :cry: :cry: THAT SOUNDS AS LOGICAL AS NOT HEARING A BAD KNOCK OR SQUEAL OR SOMETHING WRONG WITH OIL PRESSURE OR MAYBE CHECKED FOR METAL ON THE DIPSTICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT BUY IF YOU CANNOT CHECK IT OUT :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
LIVELY
Old 11-13-2008, 08:00 PM
poncholvr
MASTER BUILDER

sorry to hear man no matter who is right or wrong
Old 11-13-2008, 11:17 PM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Old 11-14-2008, 04:30 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Please describe your 30 minute drive when you got it home. Just curious as to how that went....based on your saying you wanted a car with all the goods track and street legal...If you are like the rest of us(me anyway) you likely couldn't wait to see what it had..by your admission you are new to this stuff so I'm wondering if you know how hard is too hard for a given combination. Please don't take that as an insult or dig at you cause you may know way more than me...just curious if maybe you may have over reved it or something...which is sorta hard to imagine on one of those cars ..just curious
Old 11-20-2008, 01:29 PM
billhendren
MASTER BUILDER

So you drove the car from Ohio to New York with no problems,you sure didn't have a spun bearing when you picked up the car or it wouldn't have made it a mile.
If it didn't have a spun bearing at that time the seller would have no way of knowing there was anything wrong. I don't think he owes you anything. Bill
Old 11-20-2008, 03:37 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

I hate to hear of a gear heads misfortune!! hard to call that one though, due to loss of oil pressure, excessive smoke, unpleasent noise, etc... I am no expert, but a spun bearing = excessive RPM. As someone mentioned earlier: "a spun bearing can go at any time"... you could chalk up this whole thing to really bad luck too. Sorry to hear about the issue though!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -