Opinions from my buds.....or anyone that wants to give one.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:29 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Default Opinions from my buds.....or anyone that wants to give one.

I have a guy that I was going to trade my '72 Vega to even up for '67 Camaro. At the VERY beginning of our discussions, I asked him if the title is clear and in HIS name (I emphasized the question to him, NC has VERY strict title requirements now), making it clear that was very important to me. After several days of back and forth, we hammer out a deal, then the bomb. I meant to tell you, the title is in another guys name, but it is clear. Having stressed the importance of this to him in the beginning, it now makes me feel like I have been misled. He told me he can get it in his name, no problem, I think he should have told me right away since it was a specific question during our first conversation. I am having a difficult time believing the rest of the words I hear from him now. I nixed the deal. What would you boys have done?
Old 11-12-2008, 12:09 PM
ARUSSELL
MASTER BUILDER

I would have made him get the car in his name to make sure it was not stolen, then go 4 the deal
Old 11-12-2008, 12:19 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Ya did what I woulda done. HONESTY is at the TOP of the list when I do business with ANYone. ESPECIALLY in your situation where you specifically laid out the priorities in the deal. What else is he not telling you ????
Lots of '67's out there.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:28 PM
FullTimeRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

there are plently of camaros out there.you don't need that one :roll:
Old 11-12-2008, 12:32 PM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

I almost did that, he is a really nice guy to talk to, but it really makes me wonder if something else isn't true. He was to deliver and pick up, would have been a real pisser had he brought it, then told me about the title, it is such a big deal to me that I emphasize that in my ad. NC has become a real bitch of a state to get a title , the cars 35 yrs older, purchased out of state MUST be running and street legal (according to the DMV officer that inspected my Vega) in order to get a title issued. But, I think in the end, it is the fact I asked him if it was, his response was yes that is really bothering me. I wish this had not happened, I swear he seems like such a nice guy (not to mention I would rather have a Camaro). Check out the notice stapled to my shop wall. I will say though, should it be determined I am retarded, I may change my opinion.

Old 11-12-2008, 02:26 PM
itsabird
RACING JUNKIE

after reading some of the nightmare deal, or deals gone bad posted here, i would say if it don,t feel right don,t do it. not saying he is a bad guy,just saying you are the one responsible for how the deal turns out for you.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:29 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Over here in I DEE HO they're getting more stringent on titles in all aspects of the vehicle's life. The scrappers have to have a MATCHING title or the vehicle body has to be cut up, literally, and brought in at different times for each chunk.
I've had issues with a 'clear' title but the vehicle has been through several owners who did not register or change the title into they're name. Getting a useable title several layers down is a REAL pain in the patooty. I've just 'found' a '52 Stude that I'm interested in Pro Streeting but, again it's several layers down . I will NOT buy it if it doesn't have a title in the CURRENT owner's name. Legally, the bill of sale has to be in the same name and matching signature as on the title release line.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:14 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Yep, I think you did the right thing Rudy. I love Camaro's... I have a 69', so it would have been hard for me to do the same thing as you did, but still. It sounds like you would have encountered more secrets down the road w/ that dude. JMO
Old 11-12-2008, 06:01 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

:shock: :shock: I believe i would be very careful of this one, sound's like he ignored your request untill you hammered on it to him. i would leave it alone. Just my oppinion and we all know what they are like. everyone has one :!: :!: good luck rudy :!:
Old 11-20-2008, 05:45 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

Thanks for the opinions ! I just left it a dead deal, just wasn't sure if I was going overboard on the title opinion though. Thanks again!
Later,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -