4 link and fabbed 9" housing-where to buy?

Old 11-10-2008, 10:55 PM
kicker91laser
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default 4 link and fabbed 9" housing-where to buy?

I am laying out where/who I will be buying a fabricated 9" rear housing and four link. Do you guys have any recommendations? My project is an 88 d50 pickup, not quite sure on hp/tq yet, but at least 600hp/600ft lbs, and the truck itself should weigh~2500 lbs and I am planning to still drive it on the weekends occasionally. Any recomendations/ideas are welcome, thanks guys.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:23 AM
ashtrak
MASTER BUILDER

I have purchased mine from Rick Jones (QuarterMax) But there are alot of places to buy these. Just know what you want and go surfing and check out the different sites and compare prices. Mittler Bros, Bickle,Art, Chris Alston,Vanishing Point, Tim McCammis, Cassis engineering, Etc.Etc. Just know what you want and make calls. Good Luck 8)
Old 11-11-2008, 08:12 AM
ARUSSELL
MASTER BUILDER

I have had good luck dealing with Chris Alston in the past.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:22 AM
jmarksdragster
RACING JUNKIE

Moser is another.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:50 AM
kicker91laser
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Thanks for the replies. I have been talking back ond forth to Eric at Midwest Chassis, he seems to have reasonable prices and a good housing. Considering this is my first back-half and four link, would I be better off getting a cheaper kit that has less mounting points, or does it actually make that much of a difference at power levels under 800hp? Thanks again guys
Old 11-11-2008, 11:06 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I had A.R.T. in Fl. make mine for Anglia, was just under $1100.00 complete with 4 link brackets, large 9" ford ends and fully braced on inside and outside including tying the 4 link brackets. They also built my chassis which is a 4 link and strut frontend. I primed it to keep it from rusting here in the deep south. I'll powder coat it once i weld on the track locator and the rear shock brks.

Zip.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:43 AM
kicker91laser
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

For now, I just need the rear 4 link frame kit and the housing. Is it prefered to run the coilovers straight up and down, or at a slight angle side to side? I have seen various kits set up both ways.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:44 PM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Call S&W and talk to this guy. We have purchased backhalve kits from them and they were very helpful. They also have a lot of prefabbed kits for different bodies. He posts on the DRR forum under the screen name hookdaddy. Here is the info he puts on his posts.

Don Scholl, V.P. Sales & Marketing
S&W Race Cars
800-523-3353 x112
[email protected]

If I'm not here get Randy 115, or Candi 116 or George 117
or Lee Mon-Wed-Fri evenings 4-8 at ext 119

curtis