Old 11-09-2008, 09:09 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Default The Big Boys are worried....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?...v=ap&type=lgns
Old 11-10-2008, 08:17 AM
FullTimeRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

nascar will cause there own damise they don't need help.I stop watching it 6 years ago.wast of my time.i'd rather watch wrestling. jmo.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:48 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by montecarlo84
nascar will cause there own damise they don't need help.I stop watching it 6 years ago.wast of my time.i'd rather watch wrestling. jmo.

x2

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-10-2008, 09:15 AM
nghollis
APPRENTICE

:cry: :cry: :cry: Ditto.I stopped after Dale Sr. passed away.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:03 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Same here, BORRRING... I haven't been enthused for years. Too many whiners making too much money in cookie cutter cars.

I posted this article to show that no matter how big the business is in our sport ( Motorsports) They are having to make adjustments to stay alive. NHRA will have to do some adjusting as well, I'm sure. Butts in the bleachers is what keeps the gates open. Loosing sponsorship monies in all facets, from the racer who only has a driveway for a shop to the pro's with gagillions in overhead. Hang on !! To make it work we're gonna have to keep helping each other if we can as an example; trading work for parts, etc. Course a lot of that happens anyway.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:26 PM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

X4
Old 11-10-2008, 04:09 PM
FullTimeRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

I'd rather be doing it then watching .Im a full time racer with a part time job.

big money brings to many(I want my car in the spotlight)so make it happen nascar
Old 11-10-2008, 07:52 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

LOLOL YEAH !!
I'm a full time wanna be racing part time when my full time job makes me enough money for me to run once in a while, which isn't NEAR often enough ! I get REAL cranky when I'm not behind the wheel. Been real cranky a lot this past summer ! :x :evil: :roll: :cry: I sure HOPE Barry sends ME an envelope with some CHANGE in it ! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Old 11-11-2008, 11:45 AM
hollowayshotrods
RACING JUNKIE

They took a blue collar, working mans sport and turned it into a white collar, cheese and wine sport or (whine) if you prefer. Try getting out and fighting now, fines, suspensions etc. Completely ruined by the politically correct. Of course, as usual, just my humble opinion. :roll:
Old 11-12-2008, 02:23 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hollowayshotrods
They took a blue collar, working mans sport and turned it into a white collar, cheese and wine sport or (whine) if you prefer. Try getting out and fighting now, fines, suspensions etc. Completely ruined by the politically correct. Of course, as usual, just my humble opinion. :roll:
That's what you call hitting the nail on the head! Roundy-round is too much like watching someone mow their lawn anyways...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -