prediction/weather/station's whats the best? simplist to use

Old 11-09-2008, 04:06 PM
kslicks
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default prediction/weather/station's whats the best? simplist to use

Hi all, I', not sure if this is the right place to post this but.....
I need some input on what others are using out there. I want some thing thats easy to work with and gives good information with out spending thousands. Any sugestions? Let me know, Ken
Old 11-09-2008, 04:32 PM
FullTimeRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

the info you get is only as good as the inf you put in.I use a old racetech that gives relative altitude
Old 11-10-2008, 04:07 AM
oobob
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Kestrell 4000..if Don sells it there not junk click on the link then scroll the page down http://www.crew-chief.com/dragstuf/index.html

Mark
Old 11-10-2008, 04:09 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

I'm looking at the raceair pro and the crewchief software.

http://www.crew-chief.com/special/index.html

Curtis
Old 11-10-2008, 05:48 AM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

I have been a dealer for Computech for a couple of years . I sell all of their products including hand held and trailer based remote weather stations. I had been using a different brand of W/S because I had bought it about 15 years ago. A couple of months ago I bought one of the raceair pro and started using it. I only had it for the last couple of races I attended this year but it looks like it will predict a lot better than what I had been using. The big difference in this one and the others is that you use your last good pass to predict your next run instead of relying on a database that may have been saved from a different day or track. This allows you to not only see how much the weather will affect your et but it will take into account other track conditions based on your most recent good run. montecarlo84 is dead on though, it will only predict well if the info you're using is good. Here's a link for the race air and race air pro. You can download the user manual to get an idea of how they operate. http://computechracing.com/Product_G...-portable.html
If you're interested pm me and I can get you a price.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:54 PM
I972Nova
EXPERT BUILDER

I have a performaire whether station and I love it. I have had it for a few years and I have had great success with it.

It is very easy to work and predicts very well. It is all in one and for the money, IMO you cant beat it.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:11 AM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

I use a Performair Eclipse and have success with it. It has the ability to predict from one run which works far better for me that the database. You have to be VERY selective with runs entered for the database predictions to work and the car has to be a copy machine......my experience is that all units that use a database are the same way.