Thread: Motorhome Ques

Motorhome Ques

Posted: 09 Nov 2008 12:18 Post subject: Motorhome Ques.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What would be the max size trailer u would pull with this motorhome Class A 2000 Thor Infinity 30' has the triton gas V10 engine, has the towing package, Guys @ the dealership tells me that "ALL" motorhomes should not pull no more then 5000 # ......I'm lookin into pullin a New 24' trailer that weighs Aprox. 3200# ,plus the racecar that weighs 2300#,plus tools , and also a new ezgo golf cart that i don't know how much weighs, with this motorhome......Does this sound like to much to be pullin with this motorhome ??? Thanks Guys

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

Re: Motorhome Ques

Quote Originally Posted by hotrodvarn
    Posted: 09 Nov 2008 12:18 Post subject: Motorhome Ques.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What would be the max size trailer u would pull with this motorhome Class A 2000 Thor Infinity 30' has the triton gas V10 engine, has the towing package, Guys @ the dealership tells me that "ALL" motorhomes should not pull no more then 5000 # ......I'm lookin into pullin a New 24' trailer that weighs Aprox. 3200# ,plus the racecar that weighs 2300#,plus tools , and also a new ezgo golf cart that i don't know how much weighs, with this motorhome......Does this sound like to much to be pullin with this motorhome ??? Thanks Guys
    Thats not much weight at all, just make sure the hitch/frame is beefy on the motorhome, its not uncommon to have to add strength. People pull 32 foot trailers with double your weight all the time.
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

trailering

i pull a 32 ft trailer behind my 35 ft motorhome. i did take the motorhome in and had the frame and hitch beefed up otherwise it could pull the body mouts away from the chassis. cost me 130.00 but well worth it. :P

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    You will have no problems pulling what you have. As mentioned above, get added strenght to that hitch and rear frame.

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    I agree beef up the frame and hitch and it will be fine. I pull a 32ft with a 37ft Motor home. I had my frame and hitch redone and had them fab a hitch. No problems at all towing. Although I have a diesel rather than gas.

motorhome

Check the hitch, I have a 30' class C with a 460 and pull a 24' and a 3200# car. The hitch is rated and mine was only 5000#, refabbed and beefed it up. That is the deal.

7. Racing Junk