MY PAR 565ci BREATHS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-02-2008, 03:09 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default MY PAR 565ci BREATHS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Boys i fired up the Ole 565ci in the 67 camaro this evening....

Dang Boys that thing CHIRPS as much as my old 632ci......i was really shocked to hear that little 565ci Chirp like that.....You can hear it (Chirp) even more than my 632ci because of the Dyno Max Mufflers i put on the collectors....

Sounds nothing like the 511ci that came out of the car......the only thing that is different on this 565ci is its 15:1 instead of 12:1 ( maybe this is it)
i also have a 4/7 swap cam instead of my 722/722 lunati and of course there is 53 more cubic inches?
My 511ci had No Chirp to it at all. :roll:

so it has to be one of these 3 factors that caused the Chirp to come on out..
( i luv it !)

hope she runs like she sounds....
Old 11-02-2008, 03:34 PM
michael1
MASTER BUILDER

What kind of power does it make? You need to put a video on here.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:10 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

cam gives her the chirp
Old 11-02-2008, 04:12 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

1,000 hp..could have made 1050hp if i went the bigger Oval Port head.

i spoke to Par about a little bigger head and he advised me that although the 2.35 oval port head would make about 50 more HP it would not have as much TQ as the smaller BB2X head i used on this combination..

Plus where do you Draw the line ?...Here is the way my BRAIN works..If i am Going to spend another $4,500 to $5,000 on oval Port bb3x ( or larger conventional heads) matching intake,new valve train ...i just as soon add to it and go with a set of Big chiefs or some other exotic head...and there i go again.. ........so when do you say when?

I had to think long and hard on this when i had the 565ci put together..cause i am the kind of person that is either IN or Out...LOL

sort of like a Junkie....if i don't show over the top constraint up front..i could get down right crazy with a Engine Build...Plus i am anal as Hell.

Plus that 300 shot i am going to hit it with will make it do what i want.

Here is a Video of my camaro with the 511ci on Alcohol last year...after you watch this it will give you an idea how different the 565 sounds when i post a new vid.

http://www.parraceengines.com/

PAR Race Engines owner Scott Duggins has been building championship winning racing engines since 1990. A 4-time IHRA World Champion himself, Duggins and PAR Race Engines have built engines for numerous other NHRA and IHRA champions such as Anthony Bertozzi, Steve Furr, Dave Elrod, Troy Williams JR., Gilmer Hinshaw and many others as well as providing machine shop services for 2007 IHRA Pro Mod Champion Scott Cannon, JR and class pioneer Ed Hoover. PAR also supplies the horsepower for the nations qiuckest and fastest Nitrous Powerglide doorslammers, Kerry Crosby with the 1/8th mile record at 4.09 @ 180MPH and 1/4 mile record holder Jeremy Creasman with a 6.44 @ 215MPH.

PAR Race Engines is full service engine and machine shop that offers "Custom" racing engines (not catalog style "crate" engines) ranging from 400cid to 800cid. We custom build each engine to your needs. Due to the fact that we Race what we build, we can privide a complete combination including the correct transmission and torque converter for your application. PAR also offers custom multi-stage nitrous plumbing using our own "in house" design nitrous components.

[img][/img]

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 11-02-2008, 04:17 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hammertime
cam gives her the chirp
valves overlapping or something?...i am not exagerating..when i say its Chirping..its Freaking Chirping !

Old 11-02-2008, 04:22 PM
michael1
MASTER BUILDER

How much torque with the 565? What does your 632 make?
Old 11-02-2008, 04:28 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
cam gives her the chirp
valves overlapping or something?...i am not exagerating..when i say its Chirping..its Freaking Chirping !
Correct, some motors have a big chirp others dont usually all in the cam profile.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:32 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by michael1
How much torque with the 565? What does your 632 make?
My 632ci made 1200hp and 900 TQ..this with 12 degree Big chief heads,sheet metal intake pair of 1200 dominaters..( now it was a NOS cam..it could have made more hp with another cam )

my 565ci also makes 870 ft lbs of TQ with one 1050 dominater and conventional heads 2.30/1.88 ..454r intake..( both have had extensive port work done to them)

check out PAR racing engines..Scott Duggins ( owner) He is no joke he is also a 4 time IHRA world champion..he has several wallys on his wall..

also see a short list of names on his web-site of who he builds engines for

he knows his stuff.

Old 11-02-2008, 05:10 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

[Powerglide doorslammers, Kerry Crosby with the 1/8th mile record at 4.09 @ 180MPH

. [/b][/color]

4.09@180 whoa !! think record is now 4.07

[img][/img]
Old 11-02-2008, 07:37 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

cam gives her the chirp
\
MAYBE YOU SUCKED A BIRD DOWN IN IT AND HE IS SCREAMING FOR HELP...LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -