Tim Cook

Old 10-28-2008, 03:52 PM
flipcity
SHOW GUEST

Default Tim Cook

Has anyone heard of OR had dealing with Tim Cook? His e-mail starts with: racingtim666@,

I don't want to finish the e-mail address for privacy reasons but that is enough to give you an idea.

We just find it kind of odd that someone from Canada would want to drive 1500 miles for a used motorhome.

Any info on him would be appreciated.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:23 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

never heard of him,,but we sold a wore out fiberglass race car body to a guy from canada.and he drove down to pick it up..i couldn't beleive it..
Old 10-28-2008, 07:43 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

i sold my 63 corvette last month to a guy from Canada..he never laid eye's on the car until he drove 23 straight hours (one way)to my house..i did not even ask him For a deposit..i told him being on my door step that Saturday was Deposit enough... he showed on time and paid me straight up and hauled the vette home..i wont get into the sales price but it wasn't cheap i assure you.
so don't discount them boys up there..set your price and the date HE IS TO BE THERE ..if he shows fine if he doesn't what have you lost ?

Just sharing My experience with a Canadian Buyer..( Some Great Folk's up there...AYYYYE.. !)

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 10-28-2008, 07:51 PM
michael1
MASTER BUILDER

I sold a chevelle to a guy from canada,they seem pretty straight up.The guy I'm dealing that is going to do my 632 is from canada.I sure hope he is as honest as the guy I sold the car to.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:40 AM
I972Nova
EXPERT BUILDER

I had a guy from canada drive 983 miles 1 WAY to buy a $1500 motorhome i had... Very pleasant transaction!
Old 10-29-2008, 04:23 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Brian did you ever get to run that car before you sold it? I mean a full out pass. I know you posted you did some shakedown runs.

sorry for the highjack
Old 10-29-2008, 03:33 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

At my company (Bowtech), we deal with several Canadian distributors & dealers. They seem to honor what they say they will do. I have meant several of them over the years & they are good people. Nobody is past due either... they seem reliable in contrast to some other folks. JMO... good luck!!
Old 10-29-2008, 05:41 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
Brian did you ever get to run that car before you sold it? I mean a full out pass. I know you posted you did some shakedown runs.

sorry for the highjack
No..i made 4 total passes ( shakedown if you will)..I did run a 1.14 60ft..

and i did run 131 mph at a little more than 1/4 throttle......i am sure it would have run mid /upper 140 mph on motor...the 131 mph was really babying the car..i was concentrating more on the steering,brakes etc...other then running fast (besides it was s shakedown session)..when i got the time ticket i was really surprised i ran this fast..the car was so smooth you really couldn't tell outside of the track NARROWING UP on the Big end... :shock:

there were several reasons for selling the vette..the NO#1 reason is that it was such a high maintenance car to run. it took 3 good men to take the car to the track..it also took the same amount of men to load the car with it being so low etc.... 14 months ago i moved way out in the Country..No-one gets out this way often i am so far out unlike my last house and shop where i was in the city....so its just me the Wife and the 3 year old little girl and my Blue Heeler dog (Poochy) way out here in the country...so a car like this was just not in the cards for me at this time..sure i could have let it sit here and run it once or twice a year but for this caliber car it didn't make sense to have this much money sitting in the garage 98% of the time..i just made a good Family/Common business sense decision when i decided to sell the vette.

i still have my 67 camaro with he 565ci and a 69 camaro with a 406ci

67 is a mid 5 second car and the 69 is low 7 secomd car....both are streetable and both can be loaded with ease and can be taken to the track by one person and have a blast while still running fast enough to keep your respect..

Brian

Old 10-29-2008, 05:56 PM
mikeaton
MASTER BUILDER

Default a

hey brian you to? as you know i live out in the desert several miles from town[yea a town 13,000 if you count the dogs,cats etc...] and thats it these cars have way to much maintanance in them if your by yourself and really depend on a "crew" to run the car! that takes alot out of the fun part. after several talks with my major sponsor you know... marty and also one crew member i deceided to take the funny car body off and put on the altered body. man was it ever a relief! dont have to have 2 people to lift the body or 4 people to take the body off to work in the back... so were now just another blown altered.lol anyway we now have pics of the altered on our web site.check it out when you get a chance. o yea were getting new shirts over the winter mike in the desert
Old 10-29-2008, 06:40 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Tell Marty i said Hello and i Still wear the shirt he sent me..i am Glad to hear he is still behind you as a sponsor..he seemed like a HELLUVA GUY.

How about hooking me up with another tee-shirt..the 1st one is looking a little faded.....

when i wear your shirt around here i have many scratching their head trying to figure if they know you or not...lol..its funny :wink:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -