Dang it..%^&*&^%$@#@@

Old 10-27-2008, 04:14 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Dang it..%^&*&^%$@#@@

I was under car tonight slidding the dynomax mufflers over the collectors...had a 2x4 and a short handle 9lb sledge hammer to drive the mufflers on down the extra inch on the collectors

i was holding the 2x4 with my left hand..for some reason i took my attention away from my swing and caught my left index finger with the 9 lb hammer gainst the 2x4 while pressed against the end of the muffler..

daaaaaayyyyyummmmmmmmm....my freaking butt cheeks ate up my fruit of the looms... :evil: :twisted: :roll: ops: .....MAN THAT HURT. !

gonna have to say 100 hail marys after the words i let out after that one
and i AINT CATHOLIC !...

I now have a blue finger nail with a blood blister coming out the end of my finger nail.. :P :P :P

I guess it could have been worse..i could have been up north and it being 17 degree's or some crazy temp like that....

anyone had one of those DANG IT ^&&((*&^%$# MOMENTS LATELY ?

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 10-27-2008, 04:20 PM
kwkracing
RACING JUNKIE

hey, i was welding on a rock hammer last tuesday, tired and ready to go home, when i accidentally hit my self with the flat end of the welding-chipping hammer in the side of the face. I feel your pain and then some.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:48 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Get out your 1/16" drill bit and drill a pressure relief hole in that nail ! WARNING; the THOUGHT of do it is actually worse than the actual activity OF doing it. INSTANT relief ! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Old 10-27-2008, 06:13 PM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

I would use a smaller bit than a 1/16. If you can get the sharpest, smallest bit you can and DO NOT use a power drill to do it. Twirl it between your thumb and index finger. I had a guy tell me to drill a hole in my fingernail after I smashed it like that. When it was still throbbing the next day I figured I'd give it a shot. The relief was instant, took the pressure off.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:11 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD
Get out your 1/16" drill bit and drill a pressure relief hole in that nail ! WARNING; the THOUGHT of do it is actually worse than the actual activity OF doing it. INSTANT relief ! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
X2

Been there done that.

Me and hammers don't get along either,but I never claimed to be a "hammer" mechanic :P

I can't swing a hammer for shit,and I'll be the first to admit that :wink:

Now drill that fingernail Brian,just turn a real small bit with your fingers back and forth with your good hand,DON"T use a drill motor,I've seen dumb yankees drill a hole through their fingers :P

Oh yeah and watch out for the blood pressure under the nail when that lets go,you'll think your in heaven :P
Old 10-27-2008, 08:01 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Whatever size you use, make sure it's sharp ! :roll: :shock:

I was in a severe bind once with an abscessed tooth and drug out a pair of ViseGrips. Broke the tooth all apart before I could get it all yanked out. Passed out a couple of times and it still hurt like hell but at least it was a different TYPE of hurt :? :cry: :cry: :cry:
Old 10-28-2008, 03:45 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

I'll tell you what is better than a drill bit, go to the feed store and get a removeable needle for a syringe you would use on cattle. It is super sharp on the end and will drill right through your nail with very little effort. I like them because I have more control and use less pressure.

Curtis
Old 10-28-2008, 04:11 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by topsportsman1
[Me and hammers don't get along either,but I never claimed to be a "hammer" mechanic :P

I can't swing a hammer for shit,and I'll be the first to admit that :wink:

P
If you can't fix it with a hammer you have an electrical problem.

Words of wisdom from someone on here( read it in their signature.)

Awhile back I was working up under the dash of my car...all tangled up in the cage in an awkward position where I couldn't move..we all been there..anyway I had been using a ARO angle grinder..the small ones that take the 1.25 inch rolac disc or some size there abouts..well, I had taken that litle spring loaded thing off because it was annoying( the safety flipper thing that keeps the thing from runing if you lay it down on the trigger) well I was all twisted up under there and the grinder was in the floor still hooked to the air hose..I was wearing fairly new Nike tennis shoes that were not leather..running shoes I guess you call em..anyway I somehow kicked the sander and it rolled over onto the trigger flapper and took off spining 8 million miles per hour...with the sanding disc against the side of my foot. ..I heard it and felt it cuting at my shoe but I couldn';t hardly move cause of how I was laying under the dash...I started thrashing around and by the time I got out a 70 dollar pair of shoes had the whole side cut out of one and my foot was missing a big chunk of skin.

Whenever I smash a finger like that I uysually run around in circles Like a little kid...that or hop up and down..lol
Old 10-28-2008, 07:09 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

P[/quote] Whenever I smash a finger like that I uysually run around in circles Like a little kid...that or hop up and down..lol[/quote]

:P :P :P :P What are you doing ? Runnin' away from the pain ?! Man, no matter how fast or how far ya run it'll still be there !! I stand there and try shakin' the hell out of it ! Duh..... HURTS WORSE :roll: :idea: :idea: :idea:
Old 10-28-2008, 07:43 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Scream, jump up and down, Holler every curse word you know, hold your hand over your head. It don't work, but it entertains the bystanders.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -